Dave Leitao's Contract Extended through 23-24 season | The Boneyard

Dave Leitao's Contract Extended through 23-24 season

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Couldn't be happier for a nice guy and someone who has done a really good job at a tough place to coach

Reaction Score
If he didn't leave for Virginia he was on a path to be a Chicago legend. Bad career move.
He was awful for Virginia...he was universally disliked

Glad hes finding success somewhere though

Reaction Score
Always like Dave, a classy guy. I know I'm in the minority, but I always hoped he would take over for JC. He didn't do well at Virgina, but I think he's a players coach and a good coach. He stuck with it and is finally succeeding, very happy for him

Reaction Score
Always like Dave, a classy guy. I know I'm in the minority, but I always hoped he would take over for JC. He didn't do well at Virgina, but I think he's a players coach and a good coach. He stuck with it and is finally succeeding, very happy for him
Did a great imitation of JC too.

Reaction Score
Met him when staying at a Manchester area hotel when he was coaching the Maine Red Claws. He was very personable, took the time to talk for a few minutes, and seemed to appreciate being recognized.

Reaction Score
Congrats, to Coach Dave, that Dude. Man one of my favorite coaches. Love chatting with him at coaching clinics. The dude is so chill. Happy for the guy.

Reaction Score
Nice guys finish last. Coach Dave takes this literally. Congrats to him, and good for Depaul to stick by him.

Reaction Score
Back in the day we had seats right next to Dave's wife. She was so nice! Once she said to us "Call me if you need tickets". I recently found the slip of paper with her phone number. We still say "Call me if you need tickets" sometimes for a giggle.

Reaction Score
If he didn't leave for Virginia he was on a path to be a Chicago legend. Bad career move.

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. But yeah, one wishes he would've stuck around and turned DePaul a consistent winner back then. Chicago deserves good program. I prefer that being DePaul than B1G Northwestern...

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. But yeah, one wishes he would've stuck around and turned DePaul a consistent winner back then. Chicago deserves good program. I prefer that being DePaul than B1G Northwestern...
Why you hatin' on Chicago State:) Also, UIC has a new coach, Luke Yaklich, he was Beileins asst. and defensive guru for some good Michigan teams.

Reaction Score
Great man, proud Husky, a JC guru. Happy for him, kids seem to like him and they do about as well as they can these days. They were very competitive often this year especially early but the train fell a bot off the tracks. Like to see him get them back to the dance some day!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Same. I thought he could have been a good successor to JC also.

Reaction Score

Big news for Depaul.

Last year, JCL averaged 11 ppg and now DePaul returns 4/5ths of their starting lineup and this greatly helps their backcourt depth.

Before JCL was granted another year of eligibility there were no returning guards that averaged more than 9 mpg outside of Charlie Moore.

Always like more talent entering and being retained in the Big East!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom