Dave Leitao | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dave Leitao

Reaction Score
Wishing Dave Leitao continued success. With the new arena, he could become a regular NCAA tournament presence.

Reaction Score
Bouk is nasty( Zach Levine potential)...that all y'all have....nothing a seasoned David Duke can't handle.....in don't give me Carlton....Watson will ear him

you lost to northwestern....... how? They are a division two team this year

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
People saying that Calhoun has had a long list of assistant coaches go on to be good Head Coaches. Calhoun accomplished amazing things, but I don't think this is one of them.
Who is The most successful protege? Leito? Hobbs? You could make an argument for Ollie.
Love Calhoun and I've rooted for all former assistants, But I don't think it is that impressive.

Reaction Score
Bouk is nasty( Zach Levine potential)...that all y'all have....nothing a seasoned David Duke can't handle.....in don't give me Carlton....Watson will ear him

Assuming both stay healthy, Bouk and Akok are both surefire NBA players. Andre Jackson looks pretty impressive too. Providence couldn't even beat College of Charleston last night. How many NCAA tournament games has PC won in the last 20 years? One. And in that same span UConn has won 4 National Championships.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Assuming both stay healthy, Bouk and Akok are both surefire NBA players. Andre Jackson looks pretty impressive too. Providence couldn't even beat College of Charleston last night. How many NCAA tournament games has PC won in the last 20 years? One. And in that same span UConn has won 4 National Championships.
Ok, Bouk I give you NBA, Akok will be in the league but looks like another Thon Maker type, will be a nice player for you guys. Again respect the NC UConn has but recent history has not been great, were as we finally have a coach that can get this thing going. One win came under Cooley, a few more and 2nd and 3rd weekends will put us on notice. U guys have the reputation and chips, but Ollie kinda took some respect off y'all name. When they mention Duke's Kentucky Kansas... UConn should be right there...but now it's Nova... I'm not one of those friar fan whose living off our tournament victory over Arizona or Pitino final four friars. I know what it is, and deep tourney runs will fix that. Not for nothing in the old Big East no matter how our season was going we always played y'all tough games even as bottom feeder. 38-27 ya'll lead but not bad for a mediocre program like PC against a juggernaut

Reaction Score
No way this dude is a PC fan with the y'all talk and other nonsense. Just some weirdo. He doesn’t even seem to know we have great frosh and commits and unless I missed it, may not know who our current coach is.

Reaction Score
Showing my age a bit here but does anyone else remember when DePaul had a great program that had games on NBC most Saturdays? Ray Meyer had most of the success, then followed by his son Joey. Along with UConn, that was my favorite team, good to see DL has the school headed in the right direction again.

I still remember watching a highly anticipated game in the mid 80’s between PC and DePaul. It was a very cold day in New England. My mom was ironing my dad’s dress shirts. I watched PC with Delray Brooks and DePaul with Dallas Comegys play on what the announcer called “a frigid day in Providence, Rhode Island”

This is one of those weird, random memories that always stuck with me. I was probably 11-13 at the time. I dreamed of UConn being as big time as those two schools. This was sometime around 85-87.

Last edited:

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Depaul should always be ok with decent coaching. The local talent is insane. Leitao could visit about 5 playgrounds around the city and find enough talent to get an NIT bid. They may not be able to read or write, but they can play basketball.
This is a terrible post. First for insuating that inner city kids can’t read and also for the notion that all coaches in big cities should be able to just grab kids from their town with no effort. St John’s, Northwestern, USC, Boston College all suck. It’s not that easy.

Reaction Score
This is a terrible post. First for insuating that inner city kids can’t read and also for the notion that all coaches in big cities should be able to just grab kids from their town with no effort. St John’s, Northwestern, USC, Boston College all suck. It’s not that easy.
this is part of why leitao has done a great job there imo. he's successfully signing top 100 kids from chicago and illinois. that's huge

Reaction Score
No way this dude is a PC fan with the y'all talk and other nonsense. Just some weirdo. He doesn’t even seem to know we have great frosh and commits and unless I missed it, may not know who our current coach is.
PC fan since SHAM days.... definitely familiar with Hurley....PC beat up on URI quite a bit. I definitely showed UConn love in the post and 'y'all talk"I miss something lol

Reaction Score
I still remember watching a highly anticipated game in the mid 80’s between PC and DePaul. It was a very cold day in New England. My mom was ironing my dad’s dress shirts. I watched PC with Delray Brooks and DePaul with Dallas Comegys play on what the announcer called “a frigid day in Providence Rhode Island”

This is one of those weird, random memories that always stuck with me. I was probably 11-13 at the time. I dreamed of UConn being as big time as those two schools. This was sometime around 85-87.
I loved Comegys! I remember watching teams like Memphis and Keith Lee and DePaul routinely. Thank God UConn became a juggernaut a few years later, 30 years as a DePaul would have been rough!

To me the 80s and 90s were the golden years of college hoops, so many future NBA stars playing 3-4 years, with great rivalries. I really miss those days.

Reaction Score
DePaul Texas Tech final 30 seconds of overtime on FS1 right now. DePaul is up 61-60.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
DePaul Texas Tech final 30 seconds of overtime on FS1 right now. DePaul is up 61-60.
That final 30 seconds took 10 minutes. Good win for DePaul, did KenPom have them?

Reaction Score
DePaul wins and fans are storming the court. DePaul 9-0 for the first time DePaul's first 9-game win streak since 1993-1994. Can't wait to get back to the Big East.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DePaul wins and fans are storming the court. DePaul 9-0 for the first time DePaul's first 9-game win streak since 1993-1994. Can't wait to get back to the Big East.
Could've gone to the game, watched Huskies instead. This is a really big deal for Depaul.

Reaction Score
I was in Chicago last year and went to my first game. Nice arena but not near campus. I was able to witness this dunk which was great

Reaction Score
A few weeks later I attended my first Northwestern game in the new on campus arena that was a very nice as well. And guess who they were playing.... Depaul

Chicago has a bunch of D1 basketball

UIC
Loyola
Chicago State
Northwestern
Depaul

I was able to go to all the arenas except for Chicago State

Reaction Score
I was in Chicago last year and went to my first game. Nice arena but not near campus. I was able to witness this dunk which was great

Did some reading on Max Strus. He's a very easy guy to root for being 5 ft 9 as a sophomore and having a late growth spurt. Ended up going the D2 route and going to DePaul and being the 2nd player at DePaul to score more than 700 points in a season. Ended up being not drafted and being in the D-League but got to play 2 games with the Bulls this year before hurting his knee.

Reaction Score
What a scumbag comment. Too bad there's people like you around.

Actually it's sadly a true comment, and reflection on the failure of the Chicago public school system. Many kids who've come thru it cannot qualify(or do not even try), It's a real train wreck of an educational system among other inner city issues.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Actually it's sadly a true comment, and reflection on the failure of the Chicago public school system. Many kids who've come thru it cannot qualify(or do not even try), It's a real train wreck of an educational system among other inner city issues.
A well-educated and emotionally-intelligent person can communicate what is likely intended by the original comment and your essential defense of it in ways that convey the facts, acknowledge the sadness of it for many, sensitively consider how this may have come to be, and, perhaps, from such a better position imagine an interdependent world that might work better for more fellow citizens, and how improved opportunities and outcomes might grow from incentives that leverage the best in people.

It wouldn't take much for me to punch out some knowing, "Yeah, it sucks, whadya gonna do?" comment. Growth generally comes from beyond the already known. It takes courage to venture there, because results aren't guaranteed, and difficulties can seem so intractable. I'm really only asking that those in a position comfortable enough to choose their words consider whether they're adding to the challenge or not, even if they aren't inclined to commit resources toward improving things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom