Dave Leitao | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dave Leitao

Reaction Score
I’m using my own eye test on Cole and some pretty good info from AAU guys with NJ Playaz. RJ Cole is good. More importantly he has the quickness and body strength to play at this level.

I’m very confident he’ll be more than adequate. I’m the guy that touted Shabazz Napier as the solution to UConn’s problems months before he committed based on the eye test when I saw him at a prep tourney at URI (look it up). I’ll own it if RJ doesn’t deliver but I’m pretty sure he will. I can’t pick big men for crap but I know a good guard and a good jump shot when I see it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m using my own eye test on Cole and some pretty good info from AAU guys with NJ Playaz. RJ Cole is good. More importantly he has the quickness and body strength to play at this level.

I’m very confident he’ll be more than adequate. I’m The guy that touted Shabazz Napier as the solution to UConn’s problems months before he committed based on the eye test when I saw him at a prep tourney at URI (look it up). I’ll own it if RJ doesn’t deliver but I’m pretty sure he will. I can’t pick big men for crap but I know a good guard and a good jump shot when I see it.
Pus I expect a big jump from Gaffney next year as long as he puts the time in during the off season.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, we might.

However, I tend to see us going back to the Big East with a relative bang. Our PG problems will likely be solved by adding RJ Cole. Bouknight and Akok are stars in the making and our supporting cast is pretty solid. I've been looking to next year as our comeback season for some time and the fact it happens to coincide with returning to the Big East is mere coincidence. I think we'll be pretty good next year, definitely better than this year.
I think it will take 2 years to be competitive in the Big East for UConn. The coach needs to get his guys and then get them to play his way!

Reaction Score
Pus I expect a big jump from Gaffney next year as long as he puts the time in during the off season.
I watched a few UConn games.... Gaffney looks lost but the potential looks good. I'm thinking junior year.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I was about to trash on DePaul for being 0-4 in the conference and losing to Providence but they were mighty impressive today.

The Providence loss was by 1 and they took Nova to the wire.

Good for Leitao.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom