OT: - Dave Grohl co-hosts Tonight Show | The Boneyard

OT: Dave Grohl co-hosts Tonight Show

Reaction Score
Past my bed time but recorded it. The guy is a natural. If nothing else, check out the monologue.

And no. I don't know how to attach it here.

Reaction Score
Speaking of the tonight show, I snapped this photo yesterday morning. Anyone notice anything wrong here....

Attachments

• 1621964030631.png
    1621964030631.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 289

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Either they were being cheeky or someone clicked on the wrong Johnny Carson archived headline. I did a double take.
I'm certain it was a promotion for the show. You can see a reference to the podcast about it directly below the headline.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm impressed Dave could get on a stage and not drop an f-bomb every 15 seconds.

Love Grohl, but the constant cursing drives me nuts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm impressed Dave could get on a stage and not drop an f-bomb every 15 seconds.

Love Grohl, but the constant cursing drives me nuts.

Awesome talent, seems like a great guy, but agree...all the swearing...just not necessary.
The Letterman show he did where they all dressed up like the Beatles was awesome..

Reaction Score
Awesome talent, seems like a great guy, but agree...all the swearing...just not necessary.
The Letterman show he did where they all dressed up like the Beatles was awesome..

The parts of "music" that he's been a part of is crazy. I recently read the former members of Nirvana still get together to jam. Grohl is a full out rockstar.

Reaction Score
One of the best ever and can do it all. I’ve seen Food Fighters live multiple times and they’re one of the best performances. His song “Play” is amazing. Fast forward to 8:10 to cut out the documentary part

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn MBB fans have a problem with cursing all of a sudden?
I curse all the time, but it's not gratuitous like Dave.

If Dave dropped a dozen f-bombs during a show, it would likely be fine. But he drops like 1200.

Reaction Score
Dave and Taylor Hawkin’s introduction for Rush getting into the Rock and Roll HOF was awesome

Reaction Score
I am a heavy rocker for sure. Dave is like Pearl Jam; bands I’m supposed to like but I don’t.

Reaction Score
I am a heavy rocker for sure. Dave is like Pearl Jam; bands I’m supposed to like but I don’t.
While I don't see how that can be, I do know the feeling. Rush is just too much of everything for me. Don't get it.

As for the big Chicago 'burb bands, hard pass on REO (recorded a record in BPT, CT) and Styx. 2 thumbs up for Cheap Trick and (I know I will get killed here) rich kids Fall Out Boy from Wilmette.

Leaving plenty of room for some motivated poster to start a "best Chicago rock bands from Chicago" thread.

I said motivated.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
While I don't see how that can be, I do know the feeling. Rush is just too much of everything for me. Don't get it.

As for the big Chicago 'burb bands, hard pass on REO (recorded a record in BPT, CT) and Styx. 2 thumbs up for Cheap Trick and (I know I will get killed here) rich kids Fall Out Boy from Wilmette.

Leaving plenty of room for some motivated poster to start a "best Chicago rock bands from Chicago" thread.

I said motivated.
Agree on Rush. Never understood them.

If that Chicago thread does happen, I'm putting in my two cents for the critical heresy of enjoying "With Sympathy", Ministry's first album when Jourgensen was still doing 80s synthpop and hadn't yet gone full industrial.

Reaction Score
Agree on Rush. Never understood them.

If that Chicago thread does happen, I'm putting in my two cents for the critical heresy of enjoying "With Sympathy", Ministry's first album when Jourgensen was still doing 80s synthpop and hadn't yet gone full industrial.
What I love about Rush is that I also don’t “get” most of their work, but the stuff that I do is amazing. I saw them in concert twice, once was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen and the other was just ok and the reason for each was the set list.

Moving Pictures is still an album I’ll listen to all the way through a few times a year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What I love about Rush is that I also don’t “get” most of their work, but the stuff that I do is amazing. I saw them in concert twice, once was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen and the other was just ok and the reason for each was the set list.
I didn't have that problem when I saw them in New Haven circa 1978. They were so loud I couldn't tell one song from another. Arena sound was awful back then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom