Dave Borges takes a closer look at the Huskies' new head coach, Dan Hurley. | The Boneyard

Dave Borges takes a closer look at the Huskies' new head coach, Dan Hurley.

Reaction Score
"People here have experienced so much success, but there’s something that’s a lot of fun about the climb back up.”

He's so right. The climb back up will be a joy if and when he makes it happen. Almost a welcome thing again. I'm not going to praise KO for going 10 games under .500 the last 2 years but if we as fans see the rise of UConn to the status we have some to expected almost to the point of being spoiled, it will be special again around Storrs.

Reaction Score
"People here have experienced so much success, but there’s something that’s a lot of fun about the climb back up.”

He's so right. The climb back up will be a joy if and when he makes it happen. Almost a welcome thing again. I'm not going to praise KO for going 10 games under .500 the last 2 years but if we as fans see the rise of UConn to the status we have some to expected almost to the point of being spoiled, it will be special again around Storrs.

Your post had me wondering; what 'elite team(s)' have experienced a resurrection after a stretch of down years. The qualification is being back on top. My brain is not what it used to be but someone here may know.

This would include any era. Or perhaps we will be the first.

Reaction Score
Your post had me wondering; what 'elite team(s)' have experienced a resurrection after a stretch of down years. The qualification is being back on top. My brain is not what it used to be but someone here may know.

This would include any era. Or perhaps we will be the first.
UNC under Doherty and UK under Gillespie

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This article is great. A lot of it I hadn’t heard before which, at this point, is surprising.

And it makes me continue to love this dude. I’m so excited for UConn basketball again.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
UNC under Doherty and UK under Gillespie

UCLA under Howland. IU a few years ago to a small degree (I think they were #1 for a bit they never obv won it all again since).

pj

Reaction Score

Short of being a Hall of Fame coach himself, KO could hardly have done better by us than to (1) win a national championship, and then (2) be so lousy for a few years that it was an easy call to fire him when a potentially great coach was available. The nightmare would have been if KO was a little bit better and couldn't be fired, but kept us mired in mediocrity for decades.

Reaction Score

I have no doubt he`ll bring us back to where we are supposed to be. Itll be fun to rise from the ashes. Although its funny saying that when we have 2 national titles in the last 7 years lol! Proves the point of the level this program was taken to by JC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom