Dave Benedict this is on you | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dave Benedict this is on you

Reaction Score
Joining the BE was a death knell for the football program, imo. Perhaps (still debatable) that it helped the BB programs, but in the long-run, no football success has a dire impact on UConn sports in general. Very short-term thinking. That's on Dave on no one else. Who in the world will want to coach/play for this football team? We're talking a minimum 5-year turnaround, and that's if Dave makes the right coaching decision and the new coach is successful at recruiting. By that time, it might be too late.
Honestly, not sure if anyone really cares about your opinion. Sorry that I had to be the one to tell you...not really.

Reaction Score
Baylor covered up their football team raping coeds all over campus and covered up a basketball player murdering another basketball player. They got their one chip, good for them but they will come back down to earth. Kansas is an awesome program, one of the best but that's it.
Baylor always appears to come up with money out on the recruiting trail. That and no academic standards for players, counts for something, in terms of getting players. Agree or disagree with that approach, it is effective.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Baylor always appears to come up with money out on the recruiting trail. That and no academic standards for players, counts for something, in terms of getting players. Agree or disagree with that approach, it is effective.
I heard Texans think horse dewormer is effective too.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I guess everyone loves a good “story” from Rolling Stone. Ivermectin is a medication used to treat parasite infestations.[6][7] In humans, these include head lice, scabies, river blindness (onchocerciasis), strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis, and lymphatic filariasis.
a. It was meant to be humor (and I don't read Rolling Stone).
b. Since it's obvious your reply is trying to make a point that belongs on another board, I do feel the need to point out that it seems to be missing a significant disease and that purchases were made at feed stores for the veterinary product.
c. Is everything now political? And if so, does that mean that the time-honored, decades-old tradition of pointing out the exceptionally stupid things Floridians do is now off-limits?

Reaction Score
a. It was meant to be humor (and I don't read Rolling Stone).
b. Since it's obvious your reply is trying to make a point that belongs on another board, I do feel the need to point out that it seems to be missing a significant disease and that purchases were made at feed stores for the veterinary product.
c. Is everything now political? And if so, does that mean that the time-honored, decades-old tradition of pointing out the exceptionally stupid things Floridians do is now off-limits?
Florida is fair game, provided it's in the proper thread

Reaction Score
Remember Oklahoma beating us down in the Fiesta Bowl? Pretty much everyone asked why we were even in that game. That’s the feeling outside of UConn. The only way we could have changed that is if that momentum continued after the Fiesta Bowl. Blame Edsall for leaving when he did. That’s the real issue. Even if he didn’t leave, I don’t know if we get into a P5 conference.

I don’t blame Edsall for leaving; he managed to drag a new D-1 program into a New Year’s bowl game, and then got an offer from a bigger program. That’s how it goes. No, we lost all momentum when Hathaway pulled Pasqualoni from oblivion (DB coach with Cowboys? After being fired by Syracuse), because he had “the support” of state high school coaches. That was an own-goal right from the outset.

Reaction Score
I don’t blame Edsall for leaving; he managed to drag a new D-1 program into a New Year’s bowl game, and then got an offer from a bigger program. That’s how it goes. No, we lost all momentum when Hathaway pulled Pasqualoni from oblivion (DB coach with Cowboys? After being fired by Syracuse), because he had “the support” of state high school coaches. That was an own-goal right from the outset.
And as long as we’re revisiting ancient history, let’s not forget the stab in the back we got from our friends at BC, when Syracuse and Pitt bolted from the BE to the ACC.

Reaction Score
And as long as we’re revisiting ancient history, let’s not forget the stab in the back we got from our friends at BC, when Syracuse and Pitt bolted from the BE to the ACC.
I don’t think anyone on this board was upset Edsall left to take on his dream job, it’s how he left that left a bad taste in our mouths.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone on this board was upset Edsall left to take on his dream job, it’s how he left that left a bad taste in our mouths.
After he failed to land the GTech job in clumsy fashion, RE said "I'll be at UConn for as long as you'll have me." Then proceeded to leap at the next offer like a thief in the night. He was always full of crap.

Reaction Score
Bringing Edsall back was one of the worst mistakes among many for the football program.

We can't screw up the next hire. It has to be someone that will come in with a brand new fresh approach.

We can't afford another screw up. We need to move on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom