Darrell Perkins named Defensive Back Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Darrell Perkins named Defensive Back Coach

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
A good blast from the past. Perkins did a great job developing Blidi, Dwayne and a host of others. I think he will have their attention day 1 and the fundamentals will be better. Also agree that as these guys get stronger physically, their confidence will grow. Love the hire.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree here. I think we have talent. Hopefully year two will bring about improvement. You’re still judging these DB’s (an already tough position to play) as freshmen playing against veterans most of the time. The odds were heavily stacked against them. I’m reserving judgement until Year three.
We had the worst defense in CFB. I'm gonna have to see something from any of these kids before I'm sold on their talent. Let's hope for our sake, and especially theirs.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The only thing he has to do is to teach them to tackle, because what we saw last season was just bad, and I mean really bad.

Good hire and welcome back coach Perkins

Reaction Score
We had the worst defense in CFB. I'm gonna have to see something from any of these kids before I'm sold on their talent. Let's hope for our sake, and especially theirs.
Hence why I said I’m given them to year 3
But I did see enough flashes to know the talent is there. The mismatch in strength and maturity often times made them look incompetent

Reaction Score
I feel a lot better about the DBs than the LBs.

This!

We had no play at LB last season and we will continue to be very young at those positions next season.

Reaction Score
This!

We had no play at LB last season and we will continue to be very young at those positions next season.
Young yes. But we will have players there who are true LB’s now in Harris and an older Jones and Webb. I think Malik Banks may surprise some people at that spot

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Young yes. But we will have players there who are true LB’s now in Harris and an older Jones and Webb. I think Malik Banks may surprise some people at that spot

I'm still hoping Hunter Webb becomes a player too. Loved his tape out of HS.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Like those above me, I also like this hire. Defensive backfield is one of many weaknesses but I do think there is some talent back there. Whether or not they're coachable remains to be seen but if anyone can improve this unit, it's Darrell. Doubling down on going back to our coaching roots from when we weren't a train wreck football program.

Reaction Score

I hope your right. If not, there is no reason to believe next season will be any better than this last one.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm still hoping Hunter Webb becomes a player too. Loved his tape out of HS.
I agree with this 100%. Was hoping he might see a little PT at the end of the season but it is what it is. I'm hoping that a year of hitting the weight room and watching college ball will help him get on the field this season.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I agree with this 100%. Was hoping he might see a little PT at the end of the season but it is what it is. I'm hoping that a year of hitting the weight room and watching college ball will help him get on the field this season.

He got some run in the max 4 games to still keep his redshirt intact but not enough to move the needle either way.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
He got some run in the max 4 games to still keep his redshirt intact but not enough to move the needle either way.
Oh I must have missed it. Our LBs we're quite forgettable

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think that based on the current situation, this is a very good hire
If he can teach these young kids the basics of tackling and angles - it's better than what they have been offered lately - If he can recruit - and I can't speak to that at all - a great bonus
Welcome back Coach - time to get to work

Reaction Score
Oh I must have missed it. Our LBs we're quite forgettable

He did not look even close to ready in the four games he played. Needs to get much much stronger and assertive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom