Darko Muhl Is Kuhl | The Boneyard

Darko Muhl Is Kuhl

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
He keeps us posted. Now he tells us there's a new video out of Nika dominating in the U19 Croatian Championships.

That little poke steal of hers. You know it's coming, yet she gets away with it. The 3 goes up fast. She runs the run and gun. Her signature lay up is, well, interesting from the left side. The music is good too.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Kuhl is an outdoor clothing company based in Provo, Utah. They sponsored us for a couple of our long distance journeys. Their clothing is durable and wicks both moisture and odors well.

I also look forward to four years of Bueckers-Muhl.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kuhl is an outdoor clothing company based in Provo, Utah. They sponsored us for a couple of our long distance journeys. Their clothing is durable and wicks both moisture and odors well.

I also look forward to four years of Bueckers-Muhl.

My favorite tech pants are Kuhl's - not cheap. Around $90 +/- but will wear forever.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If her teammates could make a layup she would have twice as many assists.

He keeps us posted. Now he tells us there's a new video out of Nika dominating in the U19 Croatian Championships. That little poke steal of hers. You know it's coming, yet she gets away with it. The 3 goes up fast. She runs the run and gun. Her signature lay up is, well, interesting from the left side. The music is good too.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wonder how she'll handle the faster paced games and athletes she'll face against USA College Players. Especially against the Elite Teams. She's probably more fundamentally sound then the typical freshmen that have arrived at UConn. When I look at her highlights, she reminds me of Jen Rizzotti. Don't know how accurate that is, but that's who's game Muka reminds me of.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Fantastic court vision, no hesitation, no fear. Can't wait!

Rachel Galligan, a former assistant coach at Ball State and Eastern Illinois and now the owner of a service called Go Global Recruiting, has seen Nika Muhl play several times.

The first time was at the U18 European Championships in Italy last August.

"She jumped out at me immediately," Galligan said. "I thought she was a killer. She wanted the ball in her hands. Your eyes are drawn to her because of her confidence, her presence and the way she carries herself."

This is going to be so much fun! Game on, indeed.

When UConn called, it was game on for Croatian recruit Nika Muhl

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If her teammates could make a layup she would have twice as many assists.

Yeah, but she still disses to them. She's been critisized as too unselfish. I don't think so; her mates just have to knock them down.

Just for fun. I start this near the end. She makes the bucket and gives us something I love to see in a player: Fire.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yeah, but she still disses to them. She's been critisized as too unselfish. I don't think so; her mates just have to knock them down.

Just for fun. I start this near the end. She makes the bucket and gives us something I love to see in a player: Fire.

I like your use of "her mates". Sounds British ,eh? But in the interest of welcoming our new Croatian prodigy, Reverso says her teammates are "suigraci" in Croatian. I think there is actually an inverted breve above the c, but I can't figure out how to type that! I have to brush up on my language skills to keep up with the new look UConn

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When I look at her highlights, she reminds me of Jen Rizzotti.
I didn't see until you mentioned it, but now I do. I think it's the way she dribbles and the hair.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Really like everything I see and hear about this kid. Of course she's only 18 or whatever she is. She WILL get stronger while at UCONN. That will help her passes be even crisper. At first I thought she had a weak left hand (made a 2 handed layup going left), but there were several others where she drove to the hoop and made the layup only with her left hand.

She does everything well. Offense, defense, passing, shooting, and of course that no-look pass. Not only will she fit in, I think she will excel while at UCONN. Hard to tell from videos but she looks like at least a top 15-20 kid compared to the Americans, and may be even higher. I'm really excited to see her at UCONN!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Every video of hers shows pretty much the same high end talents. Great court vision, terrific decision maker, nice form on her shots, sweet cross over, accurate long chest passes, nice quick pocket passes off the bounce, and good, not great speed. Can't wait until first practice with Buckets.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wonder how she'll handle the faster paced games and athletes she'll face against USA College Players. Especially against the Elite Teams. She's probably more fundamentally sound then the typical freshmen that have arrived at UConn. When I look at her highlights, she reminds me of Jen Rizzotti. Don't know how accurate that is, but that's who's game Muka reminds me of.

Look at the videos. The European game is generally faster than the US game. And she's fast. Scout reports and video show her running away from people.

Reaction Score
Look at the videos. The European game is generally faster than the US game. And she's fast. Scout reports and video show her running away from people.

That's just not true! There is more freedom of movement in the European game, but there is by far more speed and athleticism in the US game! Not saying that Muhl is always going to struggle with the speed of the US game, but there certainly is going to be an adjustment period.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That's just not true! There is more freedom of movement in the European game, but there is by far more speed and athleticism in the US game! Not saying that Muhl is always going to struggle with the speed of the US game, but there certainly is going to be an adjustment period.

Athleticism aplenty in US game at every level, but the Europeans move up and down the court faster. US game at the junior levels is beset by the dribbles. There will be adjustment, but it won't be for speed, but for playing against ,on average, a higher caliber opponent.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Every video of hers shows pretty much the same high end talents. Great court vision, terrific decision maker, nice form on her shots, sweet cross over, accurate long chest passes, nice quick pocket passes off the bounce, and good, not great speed. Can't wait until first practice with Buckets.

I like the moniker of “buckets” for Paige, I hope it sticks. I also agree with your observations. From everything I’ve seen and read to this point looks like Geno struck gold, and we’ve got a good/great one.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Athleticism aplenty in US game at every level, but the Europeans move up and down the court faster. US game at the junior levels is beset by the dribbles. There will be adjustment, but it won't be for speed, but for playing against ,on average, a higher caliber opponent.
Good point. The Euro's understand a couple of things: 1) The ball travels faster than human legs. 2) The shortest distance between you and the basket is a straight line.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
With her and PB coming along, you’d think front court types would be salivating to play with them.

The flip side of that is a big thinking she'll just be a rebounder and a clean up lay up 2d chance baller.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom