Dark | The Boneyard

Dark

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A Netflix show.

Set in Germany where many characters all have some circular connection.

A dying nuke plant nearby and a cave that roars.

1 episode in and the characters are being laid out for us and at the end a child disappears running from the roaring cave.

Intrigued.

Reaction Score
Finished it a few weeks back, you’re in for a treat. A more realistic version of Stranger Things.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Imo, blows stranger things out of the water.... One of the best shows I've seen in quite some time. As long as you can get thru the voices being dubbed, you won't be disappointed.

They just signed on for a second season, totally worth the watch, awesome

Reaction Score
Imo, blows stranger things out of the water.... One of the best shows I've seen in quite some time. As long as you can get thru the voices being dubbed, you won't be disappointed.

They just signed on for a second season, totally worth the watch, awesome
I can’t watch dubs, subtitles is fine for me, just like with Narcos.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We're halfway through. I love it so far and am only irked by some bad acting.

Wife - "Are you cheating on me?"
Husband - "[long pause]"I would never do that."

Just saw the episode where poor Jonas finds out that his dad is the 12 year old kid who just disappeared from Town (see original post).

Reaction Score
We're halfway through. I love it so far and am only irked by some bad acting.

Wife - "Are you cheating on me?"
Husband - "[long pause]"I would never do that."

Just saw the episode where poor Jonas finds out that his dad is the 12 year old kid who just disappeared from Town (see original post).
One thing that I really like about the show is that you really have to pay attention to everything, or you’ll miss something small that will end up being important. It has a lot going on, a lot characters that play a large role, more so than any show I can remember.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
I can’t watch dubs, subtitles is fine for me, just like with Narcos.
Ya man, I guess I'm the opposite... Don't get me wrong, I'd rather it not be dubbed or subtitled, but with subtitles, I find myself reading instead of watching what is in the screen. When watching a show, I'd rather it be more leisure than work.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
One thing that I really like about the show is that you really have to pay attention to everything, or you’ll miss something small that will end up being important. It has a lot going on, a lot characters that play a large role, more so than any show I can remember.
Absolutely

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ya man, I guess I'm the opposite... Don't get me wrong, I'd rather it not be dubbed or subtitled, but with subtitles, I find myself reading instead of watching what is in the screen. When watching a show, I'd rather it be more leisure than work.
I remember being at a packed theatre to see "Crouching Dragon, Hidden Tiger" and once that first subtitle hit the screen there was a loud groan from everybody. I can still hear it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just finished it. The voice actors doing the dubbing are awful for the most part, just not conveying the emotions at a level you'd expect. Personally, it seemed like an awful long time to get some payoff from all the buildup - to me that didn't really start until episode 8. Certainly wasn't the ending I was expecting, but I guess that does set up a whole new avenue for season 2.

Still trying to wrap my head around what Noah was saying at the end. Doesn't make sense. Anyway, whatever you thought you knew about time travel from Doc Brown regarding things you shouldn't do while time traveling, throw all that out the window.

Best line of the series:
"That means my other grandmother is the principal of my school. Her husband is screwing my mom who's looking for her son who's also my father. So two days ago I was kissing my aunt."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom