Darius Butler wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week | The Boneyard

Darius Butler wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Darius Butler wins AFC defensive player of the week
350x-433.jpg
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 14, 2012, 1:25 PM EST
Colts cornerback Darius Butler is on his second team of the season, but just won his first award.
Butler was named AFC defensive player of the week after a standout performance in the Colts win over the Jaguars. He had two interceptions, returning one for a touchdown, along with a fumble recovery and breaking up two passes.
Butler picked off both Jaguars quarterbacks, taking Blaine Gabbert’s pass to the house and getting Chad Henne later in the game to help the Colts win their fourth straight game.
It’s the first player of the week award for Butler, who was cut by the Panthers prior to the start of the regular season.

Reaction Score
Congrats to DB...Sure wish he could have gotten up to par while with New England.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Well deserved could never figure out why he never made it in NE or Carolina.

Reaction Score
Colts are not allowed to beat the Patriots! No ifs, ands, or buts!

The Colts sure made out with Luck. Sure is nice to have some of our players on a team with a QB like him.

Reaction Score
Of all UCONN players drafted, I felt that Darius Butler was a can't miss. When it didn't work out in New England, I was scratching my head. He was a great two way corner here. He would come up against the run and was a great in coverage. Glad to see he is fulfilling his promise in Indy. I hope last week's game is a springboard for a long career.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well deserved could never figure out why he never made it in NE or Carolina.
He didn't make it with the Pats because he wasn't physical and he wasn't showing ball skills in coverage. If you're going to make it in the league and you aren't going to be physical, you better be a shutdown corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom