Darius Adams commits to UConn | The Boneyard

Darius Adams commits to UConn

Reaction Score
There's 1 in the fold.

rocky GIF

Reaction Score
These guys all get tipped off before the announcement. You can't write and post an article in seconds.

“First and foremost, it’s close to home,” he said in a 247Sports announcement from his Manasquan, N.J. home. “And then just the coaching staff, loved being around them. Their intensity in practice I really like, I want to be pushed hard. I want to earn something, so I think I’ll do that there.”

“Everyone has the same goal there, they want to get better,” Adams said. “And I want to put myself in that position. He makes players better, the way he gets his players open, is just amazing, honestly. And I’m excited for it.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score

"I would just say the intensity, how he [Hurley] coaches his players hard, how he gets his players better and open," Adams said of why he chose UConn. "It just felt right."

"I would just say being around the guys and the coaching staff," he said of what stood out on campus. "It was never like I didn't want to be around them, it never got boring. I really wanted to stay there, I really wanted to practice."

Reaction Score

The defending champs are capable of throwing their weight around and seem to have done so here, landing the in-demand Adams less than two weeks after hosting him on campus for an official visit. The Huskies are still involved with other high-profile targets such as Acaden Lewis, Meleek Thomas, Eric Reibe, Braylon Mullins, and Niko Bundalo, as its back-to-back national championships continue to translate to success on the recruiting trail. Adams’ commitment is the school’s first of the cycle, but the five-star could be just one of a handful top-50 prospects that sign with Hurley before all is said and done.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The defending champs are capable of throwing their weight around and seem to have done so here, landing the in-demand Adams less than two weeks after hosting him on campus for an official visit. The Huskies are still involved with other high-profile targets such as Acaden Lewis, Meleek Thomas, Eric Reibe, Braylon Mullins, and Niko Bundalo, as its back-to-back national championships continue to translate to success on the recruiting trail. Adams’ commitment is the school’s first of the cycle, but the five-star could be just one of a handful top-50 prospects that sign with Hurley before all is said and done.

After watching Hawkins and Spencer light it up on the national stage, I do take joy knowing opposing fan bases are now fully in "Great UConn got another lights out shooter for Hurley's offense" mode.

Reaction Score
Looking back, seems like Michigan State and Alabama were prioritizing him and he planned visits with them as well as others. So Hurley beat out Izzo and Oates. One step closer to nobody bothering to recruit NJ.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom