Dara Mabrey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dara Mabrey

Reaction Score
believe me she doesn't either and she kept it in mind every time she buried one of those ranked players when she played against them..forgetting about her skills, she's got a nasty attitude when she's on the court and is tough as nails..Geno could have done far worse..
Agreed. Always felt that way about Kayla McBride too.

Reaction Score
Imagine if Marina had went to a Virginia Tech or equivalent and had been a starter and primary scorer from day 1. She'd have some gaudy stats, too. I'm sure we all remember her outburst at UConn as a true freshman.

Dara has played USC Upstate (last year final Sagarin rating - 320 of 349), Georgia Southern (330), Liberty (147), Monmouth (306), and Chattanooga (129).

Marina just won a national championship. She had 25 pts and 9 assists in the comeback sweet 16 win over Texas A&M. Maybe we can pump the breaks on "Dara is the best Mabrey sister" stuff at least until she plays an ACC game?

I truly am rooting for Dara but 4 years of "Dara is the best of the sisters, why didn't ND recruit her?" is going to drive me nuts.

Imagine questioning Muffet & Niele on the subject of recruiting guards.

"Hey, I know you guys have 4 guards in the WNBA right now but is it possible you screwed up by prioritizing multiple McDonald's All-American and USA basketball team members at guard instead of Marina's kid sister"

As if Muffet and Niele didn't know everything there is to know about Dara...No one would care at all about some freshman guard at Virginia Tech producing decent numbers if it wasn't for her last name.
Where did I question Muffet or Niele? I never did. I was just saying how I think Dara could be the best of Her Sisters. This has nothing to do about ND Recruiting Her.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Where did I question Muffet or Niele? I never did. I was just saying how I think Dara could be the best of Her Sisters. This has nothing to do about ND Recruiting Her.

Yeah, after the first few paragraphs, I was no longer addressing your post directly. Just ranting in general :oops:

Reaction Score
Yeah, after the first few paragraphs, I was no longer addressing your post directly. Just ranting in general :oops:

I'm staying out of the who's the best Mabrey issue but if Dara's last name was Smith and she played like that in high school, I'd definitely know about her...................;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think by the time Mabrey graduates, she will go down as the most beloved VPI Wcbb player of all time.

if she turns out to have a mediocre career... this post will be buried deep within the boneyard archives

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm staying out of the who's the best Mabrey issue but if Dara's last name was Smith and she played like that in high school, I'd definitely know about her....;)

No denying that...I know a P5 talent from the Shore isn't going to escape your notice!

Reaction Score
Wow..................Mabrey may have hit the freshman wall.................only 14 points and 4-6 from three in a win of Tennessee Chattanooga yesterday.........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Come on Dillon!!! Can't Dara score thirty points if ND still wins?

Geesh, knowing MM, she'll rotate Jackie Young, middle sis' Marina and frosh bulldog Abby Prohaska on her. And next year, throw Anaya Peoples at her, who is also something of a defensive whiz. It will be an entertaining contest, to say the least. A Shore-fest. :cool:

Heck, my main Mabrey concern at this point isn't fitting Dara for an ACC-honors robe, but getting Marina back in the lineup. This quad injury is pesky....:oops:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So the unranked Dara Mabrey starts for Virginia Tech and the ESPN #88 can't get much playing time...................no surprise to me

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Dara had her fan club on the ND board. Dillon especially, but I was pulling for her as well. I think the big ape was, too. We love our Mabreys. It doesn't seem right to have her at a different school.

I’m sure Stanford fans say that about Katie Lou too.

:)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So the unranked Dara Mabrey starts for Virginia Tech and the ESPN #88 can't get much playing time....no surprise to me

VPI doesnt mess around..... her name has already been erased from the website :p She is from my county.... I wonder if she will transfer back to a NC school.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
So the unranked Dara Mabrey starts for Virginia Tech and the ESPN #88 can't get much playing time....no surprise to me

As an aside, here were the recruiting rankings for Dara Mabrey:

#49 - Prospects Nation
#92 - Blue Star Basketball
#111 - Collegiate Girls Basketball Report
#136 - All Star Girls Report

Reaction Score
As an aside, here were the recruiting rankings for Dara Mabrey:

#49 - Prospects Nation
#92 - Blue Star Basketball
#111 - Collegiate Girls Basketball Report
#136 - All Star Girls Report

and ESPN Hoopgurlz........................nothin

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
and ESPN Hoopgurlz....nothin
As @CamrnCrz1974 has mentioned a few times previously, CGBR is basically Hoopgurlz, but with more frequent updates. Dan Olson is responsible for both rankings. Since Hoopgurlz only goes to 100, Dara (as the 111th best recruit in her class) was unranked.

Reaction Score
The one game I watched Va Tech this year Mabry had a mediocre game and off shooting night. She definitely likes to drive as well as put up 3’s and missing doesn’t seem to slow her down. She seems a tad slow but obviously gets the job done.

Reaction Score
The one game I watched Va Tech this year Mabry had a mediocre game and off shooting night. She definitely likes to drive as well as put up 3’s and missing doesn’t seem to slow her down. She seems a tad slow but obviously gets the job done.

slow is a "relative" term.................compared to her sisters she's Usain Bolt...............

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Kinda unusual verbiage in a player release statement: "disappointed in her decision".

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Radford up over VTech 23-19 at half although D, Mabrey has 0 of the 19 pts. 4-7 (2-3 from 3pt )

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Radford up over VTech 23-19 at half although D, Mabrey has 0 of the 19 pts. 4-7 (2-3 from 3pt )

thats a backyard brawl. VPI has roared back to take the lead.

Reaction Score
Mabrey scored 10 points in the second half.................she's second on the team in scoring after 9 games averaging 13.7 points on .500 shooting and .488 from three and all that in 26 minutes per game...............not bad for a freshman

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom