Dara Mabrey Story. | The Boneyard

Dara Mabrey Story.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I root for VPI in WCBB... I like their coach. Seems like he has the program headed in the right direction... and look forward to seeing this kid in action. Hopefully she can drop 55pts on ND whenever they meet.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I root for VPI in WCBB... I like their coach. Seems like he has the program headed in the right direction... and look forward to seeing this kid in action. Hopefully she can drop 55pts on ND whenever they meet.
Just so you know, I now am referring to VT as VPI and used it this morning...not sure if I am happy with you or not...:rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Good article.
...Excuse me while I grab a tissue.
As a guy that both lives in Jersey and appreciates the Manaquan teams that the Mabreys have anchored, and an ND fan who has appreciated everything both Michaela and Marina have brought to South Bend, I've been trying to "move on" from the Irish and Dara as they go their separate ways.
...Excuse me while I have a Guinness.
I can understand how things don't work out exactly the way you want and still respect and like both parties.
...Ooops, I'll have that shot of Jameson now.
Sure Dara, average 15 to 20 for VT (or VPI) for nice guy Kenny Brooks. Watch MM chew her upper lip off when they play ND.
....hey, can you get that beer and a chaser over here now. Fast.

Yup, I'm over it.
Head bang

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good article.
...Excuse me while I grab a tissue.
As a guy that both lives in Jersey and appreciates the Manaquan teams that the Mabreys have anchored, and an ND fan who has appreciated everything both Michaela and Marina have brought to South Bend, I've been trying to "move on" from the Irish and Dara as they go their separate ways.
...Excuse me while I have a Guinness.
I can understand how things don't work out exactly the way you want and still respect and like both parties.
...Ooops, I'll have that shot of Jameson now.
Sure Dara, average 15 to 20 for VT (or VPI) for nice guy Kenny Brooks. Watch MM chew her upper lip off when they play ND.
....hey, can you get that beer and a chaser over here now. Fast.

Yup, I'm over it.
Head bang

As a ND fan you probably know.... who was the guard they had ranked ahead of her?

Reaction Score
I follow the Manasquan girls because Terp recruit Faith Masonius goes there. I was always curious why Masonius was ranked so high and Dara is not. She has a good game.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
As a ND fan you probably know.... who was the guard they had ranked ahead of her?

There's been some give and take on this one over at McGraw's Bench as to which PG Dara may be referring to....

The Irish initially recruited and got a commitment from Jenna Brown. This was prior to Dara Mabrey taking over PG duties for Manasquan her senior year in high schoo.. Brown de-committed from ND in the summer of 2017 and then committed to Stanford shortly thereafter.

ND then pursued and got a commitment from Jordan Nixon, from New York City in September.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There's been some give and take on this one over at McGraw's Bench as to which PG Dara may be referring to....
The Irish initially recruited and got a commitment from Jenna Brown. This was prior to Dara Mabrey taking over PG duties for Manasquan her senior year in high schoo.. Brown de-committed from ND in the summer of 2017 and then committed to Stanford shortly thereafter.
ND then pursued and got a commitment from Jordan Nixon, from New York City in September.
Katlyn Gilbert might be moving over to play SG at ND but at some point she was also in the PG mix and is still committed to ND.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Katlyn Gilbert might be moving over to play SG at ND but at some point she was also in the PG mix and is still committed to ND.

Agree with both her experience and reasoning, but I don't think she's the PG in question on this article: Katlyn committed to ND so early that she was virtually a given to work around for both the coaching staff and prospective player.

BTW, given what the Irish have gone through the last two seasons, I'm more than happy to have more (Nixon, Gilbert, Marina Mabrey and a bit of Jackie Young) ball handlers, rather than less. And in 2019, Anaya Peoples is committed, as well.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Good story. I like those Mabrey kids. I wish Dara well on the dirt road to Tech.*

*A common bumper sticker around Charlottesville is "All dirt roads lead to Tech." It's all in good fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom