DanO | The Boneyard

DanO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like DannyO will get an 11th year in the NFL. ESPN.com has an article on the Lions Free Agents and writes that Orlovsky has expressed an interest and in being with him last week the Lions want him back.
Hw would be a great OC when his NFL career is over but he will go to the broadcasting booth.
and for whats its worth HCBD and DannyO have never spoken

11 years is not bad for the slow white kid from Shelton who could not run the option(inside joke)

Reaction Score
Looks like DannyO will get an 11th year in the NFL. ESPN.com has an article on the Lions Free Agents and writes that Orlovsky has expressed an interest and in being with him last week the Lions want him back.
Hw would be a great OC when his NFL career is over but he will go to the broadcasting booth.

11 years is not bad for the slow white kid from Shelton who could not run the option(inside joke)

I find the no contact from BD note more than mildly disappointing. A new coach should always communicate with former players, especially those who have a history of helping the program and playing in the NFL. You want to keep guys like that close to the program. I have seen several coaching changes while here in AL and both UA & AU. Everyone of them included meetings between the new coach and former players.

Reaction Score
Wow. How do you not get in touch with a CT high school star, who was a great player for UCONN and a 10 year nfl veteran? Dissapointing.
No coaching experience. He's still interested in extending his career and collecting easy paychecks as the back up. Who cares if he was a star at Uconn. They have no connections and no history. Why would and should he reach out?

Reaction Score

Tell him we need his help in recruiting.

Reaction Score
LIUCHusky said:
Seriously, don't you guys have anything else more important to complain about?

Huh? I said it was dissapointing.

Reaction Score
.. and for whats its worth HCBD and DannyO have never spoken

Cub - how often does Danny hear from Coach Baylock? How often is he invited back to UConn Football Alumni events?

Reaction Score

That's impressive. You should be so proud of the career he has had. Hope he reconsiders the coaching, his tactical knowledge must be extensive and valuable. But that's a hard lifestyle.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how little physical abuse Dan O has taken as a #2 in the league for this long.

He has played behind really durable QBs for the most part his entire career. His best game IMHO was against the Pats as a Colt. He took a bunch of big shots from the D (one in particular I remember to be super vicious) and he kept dropping in easy-to-catch passes. Think the Pats won but Dan impressed a ton of people that game

Edit - he played well but they got down by a lot early. Still played well

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I remember throwing an invite to DanO the poster...who I think is Cubby...to bring a young DanO to a Boneyard Tailgate. They both attended and had a decent time eating our grub and drinking our bevs. It was a windy day by the hockey rink. I think it was Temple that beat us that day...farking special teams.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I remember throwing an invite to DanO the poster...who I think is Cubby...to bring a young DanO to a Boneyard Tailgate. They both attended and had a decent time eating our grub and drinking our bevs. It was a windy day by the hockey rink. I think it was Temple that beat us that day...farking special teams.
Thought that was USF... :) Sparrowhawk the victim of the yard abuse. CTO almost didn't make it...

Reaction Score
BNich said:
No coaching experience. He's still interested in extending his career and collecting easy paychecks as the back up. Who cares if he was a star at Uconn. They have no connections and no history. Why would and should he reach out?

Is this serious?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't know why BD and DO haven't been able to connect up but I hope they do. I would want Dan involved at UConn in as much/whatever capacity he wanted. I hope folks aren't honestly questioning the value of keeping our most tenured NFL alum close to UConn.

Reaction Score
I don't know why BD and DO haven't been able to connect up but I hope they do. I would want Dan involved at UConn in as much/whatever capacity he wanted. I hope folks aren't honestly questioning the value of keeping our most tenured NFL alum close to UConn.
Can't like this post enough!

Reaction Score
Last spring Diaco organized an event open to all UConn Football alumni at the Burton which included attending practice, having dinner with the team, and a cocktail hour at Husky's. He has also let it be known that all former players are welcome anytime, and are to be treated like VIPs. Coach Baylock also does a great job staying in touch with former players. I would guess that the lack of contact between HCBD and Dan O is not a deliberate thing, after all he is considered a hero within the program.

Reaction Score
A 10 year veteran of the Nfl as a backup qb could most certainly step into a oc job in college how many college coaches have college playing experience at the level they may b coaching at never mind NFL experience

I know Andy Baylock stays in touch with Danny as when I was still going to games I would stop and see Andy I think it's been timing and personal ,professional responsibility that has not allowed Danny to attend functions

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Thought that was USF... :) Sparrowhawk the victim of the yard abuse. CTO almost didn't make it...
CTO brought the meat. The pressure was on to show up.

Reaction Score

When will the triplets be ready to commit to UConn?

Reaction Score
Dave........ Being a Gator fan one of the little guys the most resembling yours truly is already built like a stout fireplug Either he commits to P S U cause he is building a house in the area or he goes to UF and the SEC

Reaction Score

We are in the market for a QB. Maybe with a helmet ... We can mask his age as well as his slow gate.

Reaction Score
Dave... Being a Gator fan one of the little guys the most resembling yours truly is already built like a stout fireplug Either he commits to P S U cause he is building a house in the area or he goes to UF and the SEC
If he resembles a nose tackle from UB, that's enough of a burden right there. Let him take up golf.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Seriously, don't you guys have anything else more important to complain about?
Sure -

Kevin Ollie and Warde Manuel but you will find it on the BB and CR boards.

The DJ is gone and so is the atrocious howl sound on 3rd down - topics are limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom