DanO tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DanO tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I couldn't watch the game due to ESPN3 blackout and Dish not having SNY, and listening to Joe D saying "and Sheriffs rolling out to the right, and... (excitement coming) he is crushed...for a loss."
Yet people insist Joe D is good at his job. Every time I'm in the car half-listening he goes nuts for something, and then you find out it was a great play for the opponent.

Reaction Score
Yet people insist Joe D is good at his job. Every time I'm in the car half-listening he goes nuts for something, and then you find out it was a great play for the opponent.
He claimed on the final play that the missed field goal was pushed left. Not sure how that happens. A push is to the right and a pull to the left for a right legged kicker.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He claimed on the final play that the missed field goal was pushed left. Not sure how that happens. A push is to the right and a pull to the left for a right legged kicker.

Is that seriously your gripe? That a live-action commentator said the word "pushed" instead of "pulled"?!? Yeah. He should be fired. :rolleyes:

This place...

Reaction Score
Even worse, some Wahoo on their Sabre board suggested HCBD bought his red, unofficial UConn color pants at American Eagle.

Diaco obviously wore those pants as a messaage to the B12 that we UConn folks are just like y'all.

Reaction Score
Is that seriously your gripe? That a live-action commentator said the word "pushed" instead of "pulled"?!? Yeah. He should be fired. :rolleyes:

This place...
When listening to a game on the radio, the description of the play is critical. Don't think I said he should be fired. Just not as good as some people think he is.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
When listening to a game on the radio, the description of the play is critical. Don't think I said he should be fired. Just not as good as some people think he is.

So his use of the word "pushed" was, in your opinion, critical??? Oh, okay. I'm glad you cleared that up for me... :confused:

Reaction Score
So his use of the word "pushed" was, in your opinion, critical??? Oh, okay. I'm glad you cleared that up for me... :confused:
When discribing the game on radio, and it being the key play of the game, yes.

I was in section 208 and could not tell if the kick went left or right. I listened to the post game show and they had Joe D's call. Wasn't sure what happened until I watched the news later in the night.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
But when I mentioned Dan O for coach Medic mocked me.
30 points in a game is a pipe dream for Bob.

Reaction Score
But when I mentioned Dan O for coach Medic mocked me.

With all due respect to Dan O (a class person who has forgotten more about offensive schemes than I can ever wish to understand) - but a suggestion that he can go direct from the NFL to be a D1 head coach still gets you the drunk monkey meme.;)

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
With all due respect to Dan O (a class person who has forgotten more about offensive schemes than I can ever wish to understand) - but a suggestion that he can go direct from the NFL to be a D1 head coach still gets you the drunk monkey meme.;)
Copy that, Medic. Understood. Still would love him on sidelines one day.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
When discribing the game on radio, and it being the key play of the game, yes.

I was in section 208 and could not tell if the kick went left or right. I listened to the post game show and they had Joe D's call. Wasn't sure what happened until I watched the news later in the night.

Regardless of whether he used the word "pushed" or "pulled", both would have signified a missed kick. Any confusion after that point is your issue, not his...

Reaction Score
He embarrassed ALL of us today with those red "skinny" pants!

I bet you tried wearing skinny jeans and didn't look good in them. So now you're acting like a jealous teenage girl.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I bet you tried wearing skinny jeans and didn't look good in them. So now you're acting like a jealous teenage girl.
More like wearing skinny jeans is not manly to begin with.

Reaction Score

and actually it was straight, the UVa kicker needed to push it a little bit to right cause it was on left hash

Reaction Score
Some of this is on Shirreffs. There were a few pass plays called early, but he is looking to tuck and run so soon, sometimes even before there is pressure, that he is running himself into a tackle.

better than sitting there and taking a sack, IMO

Reaction Score
Diaco obviously wore those pants as a messaage to the B12 that we UConn folks are just like y'all.
More likely, Diaco's Nantucket red pants harkened back to his days at uber preppy UVA. Go figure, but he can wear a pink and sky blue polka dot tutu if he, Verducci, et al figure out how to manage the game clock, draw up a more aggressive, successful offensive game plan, amd successfully coach, motivate, etc. the players to favorably execute winning game plans. Beat the citrus, Go UConn!

Reaction Score
better than sitting there and taking a sack, IMO
One play in particular, he had a pocket. He scrambled outside of it to Knappe's side. The defender disengaged from his blocker and created havoc.

It's Shirreffs instincts to scramble but scrambles directly into pressure.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

He also referred to UVA as Louisville at one point and then Maryland later on.

Reaction Score
One play in particular, he had a pocket. He scrambled outside of it to Knappe's side. The defender disengaged from his blocker and created havoc.

It's Shirreffs instincts to scramble but scrambles directly into pressure.

Perhaps, but Shirreffs is best QB we've had since DanO. Need to tailor offense to his strengths. Getting bad flashbacks of GDL/PP trying to get their system (whatever that was) to work despite not having players to do so.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I was going to look for the video. How does he possibly think it's still a live play!

Also, can't he address it directly to @UConnFootball Twitter handle if he's going to make a statement?

he is probably our most successful football alumnus, im fairly certain someone that is involved with the program saw the tweet. he doesn't need to address them directly.

Reaction Score
When your watching/listening to a game, and you are praying for just a first down, you know your offense has problems.
Its so bad that when we snap the ball on offense you cringe as if your getting ready to get hit by a belt.

The offensive woes were so much worse in the PP era. At least this offense can occasionally move the ball before punting or settling for field goals. PP offense was three-and-out central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom