DannyUconn | The Boneyard

DannyUconn

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I can't tell you how much I miss this great guy and great UConn fan. I and all of us at the BY really hope all is well with you. If anyone has any info on how he's doing please post.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think he's doing ok. Haven't talked to or seen him in awhile. But he's still posting on his FB page. He's usually kind of quiet in the off season anyway. And without games to go to and photograph, not much UCONN stuff for him to do.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
74374377_2708499149208328_2582571329802731520_o.jpg

Looking forward to the season to start but it's not the same trying to go to 30 games a year. There are so many wonderful memories of all the games I went to and all the amazing fans and the friendships that I made and relive them in my mind all the time. Knowing I made the right decision to take care of my mom with Alzheimer's instead of traveling all around going to the games makes it a little less painful not being there.
The next chapter in my life after Uconn is being a grandparent in February for the first time. My oldest son who lives out in Colorado and his wife are expecting a baby boy. The due date is mid February but because of the virus and babies do not have an immune system not sure when I will see them.
A little over a year ago I got a German Shepherd puppy. Been spending lots of time training him and going on long walks, without using a leash. He has been less than ten feet away from a deer but stays at my side. It is a different story when any animal is in my yard. From my house we already walked to New York, Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk and all around Stamford. For the past 233 days I have averaged over 20,000 steps a day.

Reaction Score
View attachment 59321

Looking forward to the season to start but it's not the same trying to go to 30 games a year. There are so many wonderful memories of all the games I went to and all the amazing fans and the friendships that I made and relive them in my mind all the time. Knowing I made the right decision to take care of my mom with Alzheimer's instead of traveling all around going to the games makes it a little less painful not being there.
The next chapter in my life after Uconn is being a grandparent in February for the first time. My oldest son who lives out in Colorado and his wife are expecting a baby boy. The due date is mid February but because of the virus and babies do not have an immune system not sure when I will see them.
A little over a year ago I got a German Shepherd puppy. Been spending lots of time training him and going on long walks, without using a leash. He has been less than ten feet away from a deer but stays at my side. It is a different story when any animal is in my yard. From my house we already walked to New York, Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk and all around Stamford. For the past 233 days I have averaged over 20,000 steps a day.

Ur puppy is beautiful.... congratulations on the expecting of a grandson

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hi Danny, it’s nice to hear from you. We miss you. It’s nice to hear that you are doing well. I hope that you continue to be blessed and favored. Drop us a line or two once in awhile just to keep in touch. You’ll love being a grandfather (Pawpaw) to your grandson, it’s a very special bond. All the best to you and your family. Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Danny, I wish to welcome you back, you've been missed by many. This year has been rough on many of people due to the pandemic and the lack of being able to do many of the things we like to do. I hope you enjoy your beautiful puppy and get to be able to travel and see your grandson. I was not able to go and see my Mom this year after the pandemic hit, she lived in Utah with my brother and passed in July, she died of UTI with heart disease as an underlying condition, she was 95. All of the brothers and family will be getting together when it's safe so that we can spread her ashes where we did with my dad. Again, WELCOME BACK and hope to see more of your great photos.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
View attachment 59321

Overjoyed to hear from you, UConn's #1 fan. We missed you like mad. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I'm a big walker, but from where you are to NY? Kept walking, it's nothing but good for you. Please keep us up to date. 2020 has been a year we all need to put in our rear view mirrors, and starting the new year with you on board will feel like things are finally getting back to normal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It;s good to hear you are doing well. Congrats, first on the grandson-to-come and second, on the no-longer-quite-a-puppy, who looks wonderful. Hope you'll be back at some games in the future. Even though we only conversed with you one time, seeing you at the games made them special for my wife and me. We both wish you the very best.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update, Danny ... admire your spirit! 20,000 a day is impressive ...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Danny, I wish to welcome you back, you've been missed by many. This year has been rough on many of people due to the pandemic and the lack of being able to do many of the things we like to do. I hope you enjoy your beautiful puppy and get to be able to travel and see your grandson. I was not able to go and see my Mom this year after the pandemic hit, she lived in Utah with my brother and passed in July, she died of UTI with heart disease as an underlying condition, she was 95. All of the brothers and family will be getting together when it's safe so that we can spread her ashes where we did with my dad. Again, WELCOME BACK and hope to see more of your great photos.

My condolences to you for your loss.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear you loss. May God bless you mom in the heaven as an angle, and wish you and all your family health, happy and peace.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Great hearing from you @dannykuconn . I did miss searching the crowds for you last season and it will be great to search again in the future.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great hearing from you @dannykuconn!
Best of luck with your mom, becoming a grand parent and the puppy.
May God bless you at each of your 20000 daily steps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom