Danny the Author? | The Boneyard

Danny the Author?

Reaction Score
There's a 0.0001% chance he will write this himself. It's just a way to make money like every other celebrity, coach, or politician who writes a book.

I'm sure folks on here will pre-order by the hundreds. Personally, outside of maybe Wooden I've yet to read a book by a coach that had a drip of literary merit. But I'll still probably read it because he's our guy.

pj

Reaction Score
There's a 0.0001% chance he will write this himself. It's just a way to make money like every other celebrity, coach, or politician who writes a book.

I'm sure folks on here will pre-order by the hundreds. Personally, outside of maybe Wooden I've yet to read a book by a coach that had a drip of literary merit. But I'll still probably read it because he's our guy.

I'm optimistic. Hurley is a competitive guy and will find the best ghost writer. Or maybe ChatGPT will be a better ghostwriter than the ones for the earlier books.

Reaction Score
I'm optimistic. Hurley is a competitive guy and will find the best ghost writer. Or maybe ChatGPT will be a better ghostwriter than the ones for the earlier books.

I'm assuming the Jersey City in him will have prospective ghostwriters fist fight for the contract

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score

I’ll buy it and give it a read at the very least as an attempt to avoid my wife’s family on vacation whenever it’s released.

I picture Danny sitting at a typewriter, staring out the window at birds and nature for inspiration similar to Chevy Chase in Funny Farm…. /s

Reaction Score

Basketball Methods by Pete Newell is worth your time.

Reaction Score
Basketball Methods by Pete Newell is worth your time.

I'm not talking about basketball instructionals. I have found plenty of value in those--though I prefer videos. I'm talking about when coaches write bios or motivational books or whatever else. It's rarely very good.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Could be wrong but I don't think this is accurate.

The way I remember it, it came out within a year after the '99 title. I graduated college in '99 and remember buying it during my first year of law school (1999-2000).

It was certainly ghostwritten but it was still cool to read.

Edit: The title says it all.

Dare to Dream: Connecticut Basketball's Remarkable March to the National Championship, Hardcover – October 19, 1999

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom