Danny O | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Danny O

Reaction Score
Yes. Why would DB ask DO, UConn’s most visible and famous football alum, who is a widely respected football analyst and CT resident, who helped put UConn football on the map, for his two cents on the coaching hire or the direction of the program?
, he was a career backup QB, not Joe Montana. Should we erect a statue of him in front of Rentschler too?

Reaction Score
Yes. Why would DB ask DO, UConn’s most visible and famous football alum, who is a widely respected football analyst and CT resident, who helped put UConn football on the map, for his two cents on the coaching hire or the direction of the program?
Last I checked, Tennessee isn't calling up Manning, and Michigan isn't calling up Brady about coaching hires. Why would UConn feel the need to call a career backup QB? DO would have recommended we go for RE 3.0.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have to include DO, but it would have been nice if he had. Which is pretty much what DO said...it would have been nice to be involved in some small way.

The reason why is that DO is UConn football's most visible ambassador and having him feeling positively connected to the program is a good thing. A happy DO will potentially speak more positively or more often about UConn football on ESPN. UConn needs good publicity..DO can help there.

But...DO should have realized that calling DB a schmuck wasn't going to get him a seat at the table...so he shouldn't have whined when he wasn't included.

The good news is...Mora appears to have a good relationship with DO and this little blip won't have a long term impact on DO's relationship with UConn.
This is very fair.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Why is anyone obsession about this? Mora is the coach and Dan O is on ESPN talking pro football and calling a college game now and then.
The university hired a coach that's that.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is genuinely funny on multiple levels.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
How did Edsall leave the Danny o bobble head behind?
He didn't say it was in his desk, he said it was in a drawer in the football office. My guess it wasn't Randy's to begin with and was a leftover from that bobblehead promotion from a few years ago. I've got my 4 bobbleheads here at the house.

Reaction Score
Hopefully it wasn't in just anybody's drawers..........

JM is proving over and again he's all in to make this program strong again and is not vain or worried about who gets credit and, perhaps most importantly, knows enough history to realize how important it is to keep the alums in our/his corner.

Reaction Score
Ha! Great move by both Mora and DanO to save face and move on to better days. I'm sure Mora will be inviting DanO to the Burton on a few occasions to talk to the troops and DanO will impress them.
ps--I still have my DanO and Donald Brown bobbleheads on the shelf--not in any dark, cluttered drawer (that's where my Edsall is!:)

Reaction Score

Now that is a great post that Jim Mora posted. I hope DO will have Jim Mora's back.

Edit, after seeing that reply from DO, I think the bridge is rebuilt!! DO helped UConn and he was in the NFL, however I think he wants UConn to succeed, unlike his employer, who was started to broadcast UConn and Whalers games.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom