Danny O | The Boneyard

Danny O

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Dan is the most visible alum of UConn football by far. I follow him on Twitter. Would be nice if he would voice some support for UConn football once in a while, but never does. Not even, when his guy, RE, was head coach. Mora has great credibility and seems to be a great recruiter. Hopefully, he can get mend that fence and get Dan back in the fold. We need all the positive support that we can get, especially from someone with his national presence.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
My guess is that DOs relationship with UConn Athletics has been distanced ever since he was recorded and quoted in the media in 2018 saying :

“The AD is kind of a schmuck,” Orlovsky was quoted by Burke. “The whole program is headed in the wrong direction. Rumor has it they’re looking at bringing in [baseball coach] Jim Penders in as AD. That’s the rumor, but we’ll see. They have to do something soon.”

Ignoring the fact that probably everything DO said back then was 100% correct, have to think that is the reason that DOs distance from UConn athletics has grown and why AD David Benedict hasn't exactly been proactively welcoming DO into the situation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mora had mentioned in the posted Chris Long interview that he has had a conversation w/ Orlovsky recently and that he might even buy a Husky and name it Orlo.

Give it time…
Dan loves UCONN and the program. He is also very close to Randy Edsall - he will be fine. Benedict has to have thicker skin and should reach out to Orlovsky.

Everything will be fine. Coach Mora has already been meeting with football alumni, good things are happening there - tons of buy in.

Reaction Score
Dan loves UCONN and the program. He is also very close to Randy Edsall - he will be fine. Benedict has to have thicker skin and should reach out to Orlovsky.

Everything will be fine. Coach Mora has already been meeting with football alumni, good things are happening there - tons of buy in.
DO would certainly know what a schmuck is considering all the schmucks that are employed at ESPN. The shows on that network are unwatchable.

Reaction Score
When you work in the corporate world you must tow the company line if you want to succeed. Dan works for ESPN and is well paid and I think he likes his job. ESPN does not support UConn sports an any way. They are not their networks product, so he is smart not to talk up UConn to much. Beside their isn't much positive on the football side of things now anyway.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
When you work in the corporate world you must tow the company line if you want to succeed. Dan works for ESPN and is well paid and I think he likes his job. ESPN does not support UConn sports an any way. They are not their networks product, so he is smart not to talk up UConn to much. Beside their isn't much positive on the football side of things now anyway.

UConn has made more by making fun of UConn football anyway in recent history

See: the bottom 10, the constant jokes on game day, etc.

Reaction Score
He certainly was supportive of Randy when he was rehired. Once the games started playing what could anyone say that was positive? The results made me long for the days of Diaco.

Reaction Score

Someone calls you schmuck and it makes the press, and speculates on your job security, and you telling me you will be the bigger person? If I'm DB i put him on ICE too.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Beside their isn't much positive on the football side of things now anyway.
Outside of the play on the field, which is mercifully over, there's nothing but positivity going on. Since Mora was hired, which universally seems to be a great get for us, we've had nothing but positive press. I don't follow DO, but the only comment I saw him make was a seemingly butthurt comment about not being involved in the process.

Reaction Score
I am very hopeful Mora takes us to new heights. Lord we need it. He has a big job ahead of him, but I support him totally. Win 4 games and I'll come back as a season ticket holder. I am in show me mode.

Reaction Score
Dan Orlovsky's input has zero affect on UConn football. He's not Joe Montana. Nobody cares
I wouldn't go this far. But he does need to learn to keep his pie hole shut if wants to be involved with the FB program in the future. Unfortunately he burned his bridge with DB, but there will be other ADs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
What has there been to support? Stop looking for things to be sore about.

Reaction Score
UConn has made more by making fun of UConn football anyway in recent history

See: the bottom 10, the constant jokes on game day, etc.
Any press is good press?

Reaction Score
To be shilling for UConn football while it was in free fall would have been disingenuous and cheap praise. I’m sure RE was feeding DanO lots of negatives on DB since we know DB was having second thoughts and mandating Lashlee etc. Let Mora work on DanO. As we improve with recruiting and on the field I’m sure he’ll come around.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm going to go with

"if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything"?

What was he supposed to say? Don't worry people, the Titanic can't sink

We sucked at everything, including fan support. On the national stage, we're irrelevant. Nobody talks about UConn football

Let's hope Jim Mora changes that

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Dan is the most visible alum of UConn football by far. I follow him on Twitter. Would be nice if he would voice some support for UConn football once in a while, but never does. Not even, when his guy, RE, was head coach. Mora has great credibility and seems to be a great recruiter. Hopefully, he can get mend that fence and get Dan back in the fold. We need all the positive support that we can get, especially from someone with his national presence.
He’s not gonna do that because he’s got his hands in everything at ESPN which is the Antichrist of sports

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom