Daniels | The Boneyard

Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This thread means nothing but I thought it was interesting. It seems a lot of people are writing off Deandre already.

I am looking at the aggregated Top 20 recruits from the 2006-2008 recruiting classes (Daniels was #19 in the class of 2011) and there are a total of 13 out of the 60 recruits who are not in the NBA this year. Out of those 13, Nick Calathes, Austin Freeman, Sherron Collins, and Kyle Singler are all making bank in the Europe. Javaris Crittendon was in the NBA until he was arrested for murder last year. Gani Lawal was in the NBA last year but is stuck in China currently. Tyler Zeller, William Buford, and JaMychal Green are dominating in college. Delvon Roe had to retire in college due to injuries. I have no idea what happened to Scotty Hopson, Sticks, or Willie Warren (he was in the League last year).

Like I said, this means nothing, but unless Daniels was the most erroneously ranked HS player in recent memory, history says he should at least be an excellent college player that doesn't pan out in the NBA. Don't give up on the kid yet.

Reaction Score
Who's writing off Daniels? He's starting the next game, anyway, so let's see what he can do from there.

Reaction Score
Who's writing off Daniels? He's starting the next game, anyway, so let's see what he can do from there.

Clearly not you. Smart man.

For the above poster - I was simply attempting to see if there was any recent history of players similarly ranked to Deandre in high school that were flat out busts. The least successful player I could find over a 3 year period (I left out 2009 because many of them are still in college) was Stanley, who was a damn good college player.

Reaction Score
Great stuff Walker. He was ranked highly for a reason. Knock the rankings all you want they tend to do a pretty good job. Even if Daniels doesnt contribute this year at all, I will still have high hopes for him next year.

I'm not sure what Ater was ranked but he was a pretty huge bust. Also Ty Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom