Daniels starting Sunday | The Boneyard

Daniels starting Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Caught JC on TIC tonight. Said DD was shooting well this week and earned the start. That was the only thing that sounded newsworthy IMO.

Reaction Score
Saw in the Courant that DD's sister plays for Manchester HS. Did his family move to CT?

Reaction Score
Rewarding players for playing well in practice is good for this team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll go old school here.

This could turn in to a case of DD starting and RS finishing games ala Hondo. As Red would say it's not the five who start its the five who finish.

JC has some coaching and has to manage some egos here.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying JC is a god. That's too much. But I will make the observation that he is likely a demi-god. You know - the offspring of a god and a mortal. I think Hercules was one. Maybe Theodore Roosevelt too. But definitely Jim Calhoun. Part of his quasi-god like skillset is the inhuman ability to get the most out of his players. I am merely a worshiping mortal. I will watch his god-y-ing this team to glory. My god. What a brilliant thing that this man choose UConn in the same year I did and has brought home 3 - you hearing that? F--ing THREEE! championships since I graduated. I bow in praise. I'm a bit buzzed again. I may have a drinking problem.

Reaction Score
This might also have a lot to do with J Lamb spraining his ankle this week.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Could be the sprained ankle Scot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll go old school here.

This could turn in to a case of DD starting and RS finishing games ala Hondo. As Red would say it's not the five who start its the five who finish.

JC has some coaching and has to manage some egos here.

I think it's more normal care and feeding. After a flashy start, DD has regressed a bit. JC letting him know he's still in the mix.

JC had another interesting comment. He said that they always go into a game with a plan for how many minutes each guy should get "but sometimes the games get in the way."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think it's more normal care and feeding. After a flashy start, DD has regressed a bit. JC letting him know he's still in the mix.

I agree with this.

JC had another interesting comment. He said that they always go into a game with a plan for how many minutes each guy should get "but sometimes the games get in the way."

JC has the players that allow him to change lineups depending on what other teams are doing well or not doing well. I don't know if this team is composed of his best players ever, but I would consider this teams to be his most versatile ever and allow him to put in a greater number of lineups that offer different advantages and disadvantages.

Reaction Score
JC has gotten soft, now he's trying to keep everyone happy, involved, ready and focused. SN, and JL are the only two who have started every game. With this team starting doesn't really matter much, its the end game. He's also tweaking for conference play.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Smart move by JC, he is giving some guys a boost right now DD and AO in particular. Lots of scuttle this week about trying to get some chemistry working with AO and AD on the floor together.
I do think that once we start getting to the meat of the schedule that JC is a defense first coach and Roscoe is going to eat a lot of minutes at the 3 and the 4 and the three players that will be fighting for the remainder will be TO, AO and DD. considering that, you would say DD is going to be hurt the most and see maybe 10 mins a game. So JC is giving him a shot in the next couple weeks to carve into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Good way to keep the troops motivated - if nobody has the starting role locked, everybody keeps working hard. Gotta love it.
exactly what i was thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul