Daniel's current status | The Boneyard

Daniel's current status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn forward DeAndre Daniels, who missed his team’s most recent game with a sprained right ankle, practiced with his teammates Tuesday and could be ready to return to action when the Huskies play in Cincinnati Thursday night.

According to a UConn official, there were no restrictions put on which drills Daniels’ could participate in Tuesday, but the 6-foot-9 junior wasn’t allowed to run through those drills as many times as his teammates.

Daniels experienced some soreness in the ankle after practice, a UConn spokesman said, and remains “day-to-day.”

http://www.journalinquirer.com/spor...cle_b915889a-8e7c-11e3-b126-0019bb2963f4.html

Reaction Score
The doctors, DD, and KO will make the call. All we can do is wait and see. While I'd love to have him at full strength and help us get a win against UC, the big picture is still what will be going on 4-6 weeks from now. A W or L tomorrow night is probably only going to affect our seeding in the AAC and NCAA tourneys, not whether we get in. And winning the conference tourney and the big dance have to be the priorities. So, if there is any risk of further injuring himself, I can live with DD sitting another game or two or three even if it means we get a L or two along the way.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The doctors, DD, and KO will make the call. All we can do is wait and see. While I'd love to have him at full strength and help us get a win against UC, the big picture is still what will be going on 4-6 weeks from now. A W or L tomorrow night is probably only going to affect our seeding in the AAC and NCAA tourneys, not whether we get in. And winning the conference tourney and the big dance have to be the priorities. So, if there is any risk of further injuring himself, I can live with DD sitting another game or two or three even if it means we get a L or two along the way.

both times ive had bad high ankle sprains (one during football season and one during basketball season). I was told there was little/no threat of further injury and I could play whenever i could handle the pain. I wore a boot, did physical therapy and was able to play without missing much time. Clearly all injuries and pain tolerances are different but both of mine were wicked grade 2 sprains and I never missed more than 2 weeks. Im willing to bet Daniels plays and is pretty effective. Im not a doctor but i did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

Reaction Score
both times ive had bad high ankle sprains (one during football season and one during basketball season). I was told there was little/no threat of further injury and I could play whenever i could handle the pain. I wore a boot, did physical therapy and was able to play without missing much time. Clearly all injuries and pain tolerances are different but both of mine were wicked grade 2 sprains and I never missed more than 2 weeks. Im willing to bet Daniels plays and is pretty effective. Im not a doctor but i did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

This is an excellent point. As long as there's no risk of further injury, it's just a matter of pain tolerance Now, DD isn't exactly Jeff Adrien or Jerome Dyson when it comes to physical toughness, but he should be able to play.

Reaction Score
A matter of pain tolerance, mental toughness etc. I probably had a level 2 ankle sprain which felt more like a level 3 and could hardly walk. Did rehab sessions, shock treatment for a full week and bounced around on one leg on a trampoline catching footballs, etc. I was limited to running only deep routes with minimal pain after a week.. came time for the game and I ran a route during pregame which required me to make a hard cut and needless to say, I sat out that game.. the following week it was much better, still sore but able to play thru it.. plus I wasn't missing anymore games.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You tough SOB! I heard that the height of a high ankle sprain makes all the difference.

When short guys like me have high ankle sprains, the sprain is closer to the ground than taller dudes like DD.:cool:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You tough SOB! I heard that the height of a high ankle sprain makes all the difference.

When short guys like me have high ankle sprains, the sprain is closer to the ground than taller dudes like DD.:cool:
Im 5'7 so that could be true! :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Im 5'7 so that could be true! :)
I remember you telling us that which is why I made that statement. I'm 5'9 BTW. I'm at the stage where shrinking is beginning. For the record I was only being ridiculous. Can't let mau have all the fun.

Reaction Score
This is an excellent point. As long as there's no risk of further injury, it's just a matter of pain tolerance Now, DD isn't exactly Jeff Adrien or Jerome Dyson when it comes to physical toughness, but he should be able to play.

I guess I'd just suggest that playing on an injury of any kind can lead to other injuries by favoring the injured area. For example, are the back spasms mentioned above from limping around on a bad ankle?

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I guess I'd just suggest that playing on an injury of any kind can lead to other injuries by favoring the injured area. For example, are the back spasms mentioned above from limping around on a bad ankle?

Good point!

You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night too!

Reaction Score

It's not just a matter of further injury and tolerance, but also mobility. Players who are not healed from such an injury do not have great mobility.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It's not just a matter of further injury and tolerance, but also mobility. Players who are not healed from such an injury do not have great mobility.
yet may be more effective than their replacement. That's the question.

Reaction Score
If he does play tonight, do you think he might switch to a high-top sneaker? I'm not sure if he's been wearing the low-tops all season, but he was wearing them against Temple, and I'm pretty sure he was wearing them against Rutgers when he injured his ankle.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Well, everyone knows Daniels is a puss, right?
This idea that people (not you, others) have any notion of what some player's pain tolerance might be is so dumb. How does anyone know how "tough" he is, in this sense?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This idea that people (not you, others) have any notion of what some player's pain tolerance might be is so dumb. How does anyone know how "tough" he is, in this sense?
I think he was being sarcastic on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom