Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
between 3 and 3:30. If I had to guess and its only a guess. ND

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She was at ND this weekend, so it appears her visit was decisive one way or another.

On paper, ND makes so much sense. She goes to an all-girls Catholic high school. ND will have plenty of PT for her - by her sophomore year Turner, Nelson, and Westbeld will all be gone. ND had easily been the best team of her finalists over the last several years.

But she grew up an LV fan and the TN grapevine says that her visit to Knoxville went great. Have to think it's one of those two.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
She was at ND this weekend, so it appears her visit was decisive one way or another.

On paper, ND makes so much sense. She goes to an all-girls Catholic high school. ND will have plenty of PT for her - by her sophomore year Turner, Nelson, and Westbeld will all be gone. ND had easily been the best team of her finalists over the last several years.

But she grew up an LV fan and the TN grapevine says that her visit to Knoxville went great. Have to think it's one of those two.
She visited Tenn because Parker was her idol.

Reaction Score
Didn't Patterson have a lot of interest in UConn but never received an offer?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Didn't Patterson have a lot of interest in UConn but never received an offer?
Yes Uconn was her first choice. IMO there must be some very good players in the wings for UConn not to offer her. Shes a terrific girl and has a terrific family. I do remember our Duke transfer Stevens sister who wanted to come to UConn and ended up at St Johns and was Big East FOY. Little did we know that she didnt receive a UConn offer and we later found out that EDD was coming to UConn then left. I think we need to realize that when we dont get everyone we think we should there is a reason whether its somebody else in wings or problems with the recruit or their family. There are alot of variables when it comes to making an offer and when your Geno and UConn. Some teams offer everybody and then deal with it Geno doesnt and he can afford to because of who he is what he's accomplished and he's with UConn.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If she goes to ND. Does that effect where Westbrook will go?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If she goes to ND. Does that effect where Westbrook will go?

Not that I can tell/see.

Numbers-wise, Muffet McGraw is well within "the numbers" (she always is), so that's not an issue.

In terms of personnel, I don't think so. As Orangutan brought up, there is a big opportunity for forwards/bigs at Notre Dame in that our three top ones will be gone when a class of 2017er hits her sophomore year. That's great for a commit for Vaughn and recruit like Patterson.

But Westbrook is a guard/wing. Whole different story. MM does run an offense that is attractive to guards/wings. That's a big plus. It draws a lot of them. (Drum roll, please)And ND has a slew of them, from Marina Mabrey and Arike Ogunbowale to frosh Jackie Young and 2018 commit Kaitlyn Gilbert.
And of course, there's this other recruit named Walker. ;)

I think how Ms. Westbook looks at that situation will have more to do with what she decides (basketball-wise) in regards to ND than what Patterson does. But that's just one Irish supporter. Of course, I'd love to have any of them/combination there of (as I'm sure you would). :D

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Yes Uconn was her first choice. IMO there must be some very good players in the wings for UConn not to offer her. Shes a terrific girl and has a terrific family. I do remember our Duke transfer Stevens sister who wanted to come to UConn and ended up at St Johns and was Big East FOY. Little did we know that she didnt receive a UConn offer and we later found out that EDD was coming to UConn then left. I think we need to realize that when we dont get everyone we think we should there is a reason whether its somebody else in wings or problems with the recruit or their family. There are alot of variables when it comes to making an offer and when your Geno and UConn. Some teams offer everybody and then deal with it Geno doesnt and he can afford to because of who he is what he's accomplished and he's with UConn.

Com' on, Tony. Don't insult the ladies. Sometimes, they simply prefer to go else where and that's ok too.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Com' on, Tony. Don't insult the ladies. Sometimes, they simply prefer to go else where and that's ok too.
Yea @Tonyc you "really" need to stop insulting these ladies like this: :D .

Shes a terrific girl and has a terrific family.

That kind of think can really get into a recruit's head. SMH.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Yea @Tonyc you "really" need to stop insulting these ladies like this: :D .

That kind of think can really get into a recruit's head. SMH.

I wasn't talking about this particular recruit and Tony wasn't either in the post that I replied to. He was speaking in general about why recruits don't pick UConn. You can't say recruits don't choose you because it's something wrong with the recruit or the coach didn't offer, because there's something wrong with the recruit. Sometimes a recruit simply has no interest. If a coach finds out a recruit truly has no interest and is open to being wooed just for the fun of it, a coach will move on so as to not waste their time. I don't know if this is the case here, but the point remains that there are several reasons why an offer may not be made.

Ladies...see, that's plural.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She visited Tenn because Parker was her idol.

She and Jackie Young can start the South Bend chapter of the Candace Parker fan club.

Getting to Know the Freshmen: Erin Boley and Jackie Young

upload_2016-10-31_16-56-33.png

Meanwhile, Boley may be a UConn sleeper agent

upload_2016-10-31_16-57-41.png

Reaction Score
I wasn't talking about this particular recruit and Tony wasn't either in the post that I replied to. He was speaking in general about why recruits don't pick UConn. You can't say recruits don't choose you because it's something wrong with the recruit or the coach didn't offer, because there's something wrong with the recruit. Sometimes a recruit simply has no interest. If a coach finds out a recruit truly has no interest and is open to being wooed just for the fun of it, a coach will move on so as to not waste their time. I don't know if this is the case here, but the point remains that there are several reasons why an offer may not be made.

Ladies...see, that's plural.

You don't seem to understand...................most of us folks here believe that if you want to be the best basketball player you can be............. there are no other choices............................:)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Picked ND

Thanks...back and forth taking place in 2017-14 thread. Happy Irish followers....Niele Ivey spent a lot of time getting to know the Patterson family. Look forward to her coming out to South Bend.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I'm happy for Notre Dame. She will do well there. Who else other than Walker and Westbrook are ND waiting on or is that it?

Reaction Score
I've always wondered why GA has not recruited players like Peterson. She could certainly help the team and other preferred recruits with her skills will be highly recruited and often will choose other schools.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm happy for Notre Dame. She will do well there. Who else other than Walker and Westbrook are ND waiting on or is that it?

Just those two.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've always wondered why GA has not recruited players like Peterson. She could certainly help the team and other preferred recruits with her skills will be highly recruited and often will choose other schools.
Who is "Peterson" and why should UCONN be recruiting her? Danielle Patterson was recruited by UCONN. Not sure why/how she ended up elsewhere but she was evaluated by the UCONN staff.

Geno Watching Danielle Patterson 6'31/2

Dillon77

Reaction Score

As Orangutan said, just those two (that we know of) for 2017. It was good to get these two forwards -- Vaughn and Patterson -- this year. Now we'll see about the "W"-mints ;)

The Irish actually have one 2018 committed already -- guard Kaitlyn Gilbert, so that's off to a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom