OT: - Daniel Jones to start | The Boneyard

OT: Daniel Jones to start

Reaction Score
Seems like a panic move after going 0-2. Were they surprised they were 0-2? Zero healthy receivers and their defense is swiss cheese. If you believe the season is over, then yes play Jones, but I really hope no one thinks that Jones is going to fix all the problems, as the defense is the worst in football. Best of luck to the kid, but with that defense and these coaches, they're throwing him to the wolves.

Reaction Score
Seems like a panic move after going 0-2. Were they surprised they were 0-2? Zero healthy receivers and their defense is swiss cheese. If you believe the season is over, then yes play Jones, but I really hope no one thinks that Jones is going to fix all the problems, as the defense is the worst in football. Best of luck to the kid, but with that defense and these coaches, they're throwing him to the wolves.
Dolphins defense is significantly worse i'd say. Also, I like this move. Why continue delaying the inevitable? Eli just isn't the answer anymore. Would rather give Jones a chance to see if he has what it takes, and build rapport with Saquon while both are on rookie contracts.

Reaction Score
Worse, they blew 25mm in cap space for Eli's 2 games of losing.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There are two other threads (why this is on the basketball board, I have no idea), where no one has delusions of grandeur in turning around their season.

If the Giants were going 4-12 with Manning, they are going 3-13 or 2-14 with Jones. Better for the organization, worse for the player. I'm not sure how the Giants' pass protection is, but they risk him becoming the next David Carr.

Reaction Score
Of course the season is already over but Eli sucks, there is no benefit to playing him and there really hasn't been for a couple seasons now.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
As a Giants fan I’m happy for the change. I’m sick and tired of watching Eli play like he has a crap in his pants. Now, I get to watch Daniel Jones like he has a crap in his pants. Yowie wowie!

That last line is the most exciting thing to happen to that brand since “the rock says...”

Reaction Score
Of course the season is already over but Eli sucks, there is no benefit to playing him and there really hasn't been for a couple seasons now.
I understand. I just don't want the front office and coaching staff thinking that this will get them back to winning football. It's not. Defense, coaching schemes, front office all need to be fixed, and I will be sickened if they try to use Eli as a scapegoat for all their problems.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There are two other threads (why this is on the basketball board, I have no idea), where no one has delusions of grandeur in turning around their season.

If the Giants were going 4-12 with Manning, they are going 3-13 or 2-14 with Jones. Better for the organization, worse for the player. I'm not sure how the Giants' pass protection is, but they risk him becoming the next David Carr.

The Giants' line is actually pretty good. Not top of the league, but pretty good. He should have time to throw.

Reaction Score
Worse, they blew 25mm in cap space for Eli's 2 games of losing.
This is the real crime. You could have signed a ton of talent with that money. Not to mention you could have kept OBJ and signed players as good as they got as a return.

DG will get more time if Jones is legit, but he’s a problem. Giants needed more forward thinking people, not an arrogant dinosaur as a GM.

Reaction Score
I'm a Giants fan and this is the right move.

The only way Eli would have kept the job, if both occurred:

1) If Eli starts underperforming
2) If the Giants start underperforming

the Q

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to adopt the mandible claw

I think watching him sister Abigail people for not boxing out could be fun.

Reaction Score
Eli was not the most accurate passer nor was he very mobile in the pocket. From what I saw in limited preseason Daniel Jones will be better or at least as good as Eli. Just saw a statistic that Eli was for 4 for 26 on third downs in the last two games, and that's pretty bad. No illusions about the Giants and Eli collects 17 million for tutoring.

Reaction Score
I think watching him sister Abigail people for not boxing out could be fun.

Oh man... not boxing out deserves a choke slam through the announcer tables.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Nobody's surprised the Giants stink.

Irrespective of who starts at QB, our defense will be bad. Might as well start the Jones era, however long or short that might be.

Reaction Score
This move was inevitable but I probably would have waited until Tate and Shepard we’re both back

Reaction Score
Exactly. Eli was an inevitable concern. But like last year you can’t blame him for losing games 32-27. I think the shortest scoring drive against big blue was 65 yards with all the others being longer and in succession of 5&4 or close to that. The rookie cornerback is just not good. If only we had a ball hawk in the secondary. Hmmm. Janoris will be traded ASAP to just remove the last reminant of talent. Then it’s all on the Captain. ..... Bethea!!!! Well at least that oline looks a little better. Eli has been maligned with a terrible front office since the second trophy. He is certainly one of the tougher guys out there. And if his father got in the hall he should be an easier sell. One last thing. He still has one of the bigger arms in the game but removing anyone who can go long neutered him. Key injuries. bad drafts. Bad coaches (still) on both sides(spags and mac really?) Reese. This bum gettleman and Mara himself have turned us into the browns and kept a good pro from being an unquestionable legend. I’m not a huge Eli guy but he was never treated like a franchise qb aside from the paycheck.

the Q

Reaction Score
Oh man... not boxing out deserves a choke slam through the announcer tables.

This is a true hardo take

Reaction Score
Everyone has been saying Eli shouldn't start for a year now. You invested the #6 pick in Jones. It's clear he needs to play at some point to see what you drafted.

The only concern for me about the timing is:

a) He has no weapons other than Barkley. Could you wait for Sheppard and Tate to be back?
b) You have to be sure he's mentally ready to be on a bad team, lose games, have bad stats and deal with the NY media. If he's not? You could ruin the kid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Everyone has been saying Eli shouldn't start for a year now. You invested the #6 pick in Jones. It's clear he needs to play at some point to see what you drafted.

The only concern for me about the timing is:

a) He has no weapons other than Barkley. Could you wait for Sheppard and Tate to be back?
b) You have to be sure he's mentally ready to be on a bad team, lose games, have bad stats and deal with the NY media. If he's not? You could ruin the kid.

sheppard is back and the only person in the world who thinks tate is a weapon is gettleman

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom