Daniel Hamilton on ESPNU @ 9PM | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton on ESPNU @ 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Adidas Nations final is between both 2014 teams. Some good talent on TV tonight. Hopefully he gets some playing time. He has had a couple of good games this past weekend.

On Saturday:
11 points on 4-4 shooting (3-4 from the line), with 4 rebounds and 2 assists​
On Sunday:
Game 1: 18 points on 8-13 shooting (2-2 from the line, 0-2 from 3) with 7 rebounds, and 3 assists​
Game 2: 6 points on 1-9 shooting (4-6 from the line, 0-3 from 3) with 8 rebounds​

2014 Blue Roster: http://www.adidasnations.com/usa-2014-blue-2/
2014 Red Roster: http://www.adidasnations.com/usa-2014-red/

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
The Adidas Nations final is between both 2014 teams. Hopefully he gets some playing time. He has had a couple of good games this past weekend.

On Saturday:
11 points on 4-4 shooting (3-4 from the line), with 4 rebounds and 2 assists​
On Sunday:
Game 1: 18 points on 8-13 shooting (2-2 from the line, 0-2 from 3) with 7 rebounds, and 3 assists​
Game 2: 6 points on 1-9 shooting (4-6 from the line, 0-3 from 3) with 8 rebounds​

Solid averages on stacked teams. Like the rebounding numbers. Even with his bad game he's still at 50% shooting (13/26). His three point shot seems to be off though (0/5)

You, or anyone else, know why he only played in 3 of his teams 4 games so far? Missed the first one, for some reason. At least according to boxscore.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I have seen UConn on the list of Chinanu Onuaku, but virtually no mention of him here. I take that to mean that he is not likely to end up in Storrs. Anybody have any information about UConn and him?

Reaction Score
I have seen UConn on the list of Chinanu Onuaku, but virtually no mention of him here. I take that to mean that he is not likely to end up in Storrs. Anybody have any information about UConn and him?

Haven't seen his name associated with UConn in a while. I believe Maryland is the favorite for him.

Is anyone watching this right now? I don't understand why adidas is obsessed with the neon colors. Blech.

caw

Reaction Score
Anyone know why Kaleb Joseph has played like complete butt so far?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
DH did not play that great in the parts I watched. He did not start and it took quite a while before he got in the game. When he did get it, it seemed like he was pressing some to get going and had trouble getting into the "flow" of the game. He clanged his first shot, a 3 and missed one or two other 3's. Seemed to be rushing some. He did show some nice things.....very quick for his size. He boxed out, used his (quite thin) body to get some position on his man, got a couple offensive rebounds and a putback against bigger guys. He showed some court vision...threw a too risky pass down the court on a fast break attempt that went out of bounds, but it could have been caught by someone a little more ready or agile. This was an all-star game, so defense was not great and DH was not exactly glued to his man. He was quick to double down on Okafor on one play that worked well.

Daniel has very good speed and quickness, but is also thinner than nearly all of the others who were playing in that game....like Rip in that sense. He seems to have a high skill level, just difficult for him to get into this game.

Reaction Score
I tried watching as much as I could of that game. It was awful.

In that sort of format, point guards usually look great and guys on the wing or in the post who rely on others to pass them the ball usually don't look great. The only conclusions I was able to draw was 1) the PG going to Ohio State looked really good and 2) Jahlil Okafor palms the ball every single time he dribbles in the post.

Reaction Score
I tried watching as much as I could of that game. It was awful.

In that sort of format, point guards usually look great and guys on the wing or in the post who rely on others to pass them the ball usually don't look great. The only conclusions I was able to draw was 1) the PG going to Ohio State looked really good and 2) Jahlil Okafor palms the ball every single time he dribbles in the post.

Chukwu would steal Okafor's lunch money. I don't believe the hype with JO. Duke seems like the best place for him. That's where Mr. Softy sells the most ice cream to big men. :p

Reaction Score
Jahlil okafor is the best center prospect since oden. He was just playing up on a U17 USA team, and killing. Don't see how he's overrated. If anything chukwu is overrated he doesn't see the comp that JO plays against.

Reaction Score
Jahlil okafor is the best center prospect since oden. He was just playing up on a U17 USA team, and killing. Don't see how he's overrated. If anything chukwu is overrated he doesn't see the comp that JO plays against.

The hype is JO is the #1 rated player in the 2014 class. I don't think his PER will be as good as Chukwu's in college or the pros. Chuckwu in my opinion has more upside than JO. Just speculating. I did see Okafor play 1 game and he is an excellent player. Right now I would take Chukwu. I hope we land him.

I will say this if Chukwu goes on the record from a reliable source stating UConn's front court dynamic acted as some sort of barrier to accepting the scholly I will cool off on Chukwu a bit. I think he will play 2/3 years in college not because he won't be a first rounder after 1 and a lotto after 2 but because the college experience and his education will have quite a bit of value to him.

I LOVE me some CHUKWU! ;)

Have a good 1!

Reaction Score
And Okafor will play one year in college because he'll be a top 3 pick in the 2015 draft.

Reaction Score
If you guys think Okafor isn't as good as Chuckwu you guys are on some serious stuff. There's a reason why Okafor is making all tournament teams with Team USA and being recruited by Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, Arizona, and Ohio State among others while Chuckwu has UConn, Providence, and St. Joes with some Syracuse and Kansas. If we got Okafor we would win a national championship. If last night was all you've seen from Okafor I can see how you are getting what your saying. He was double teamed every time he touched the ball and all star games aren't for big men.

I see everyone saying that Chuckwu is a must get but I'm sorry I don't see it. He's a tall, raw player. Not that much offensively yet but can block shots and get rebounds. That sounds like Brimah to me. How many tall and lean big men do we need. I don't think Chuckwu should even be a big worry to us. I would take him if he came but I wouldn't be recruiting him hard at all.

Just my two cents.

caw

Reaction Score
Okafor is much more polished. I do think Okafor is a bit overrated because he is very offensively polished. Oddly, his defense is mediocre, IMO. Kind of the antithesis of Emeka.

K

Kemballin'

The hype is JO is the #1 rated player in the 2014 class. I don't think his PER will be as good as Chukwu's in college or the pros. Chuckwu in my opinion has more upside than JO. Just speculating. I did see Okafor play 1 game and he is an excellent player. Right now I would take Chukwu. I hope we land him.

I will say this if Chukwu goes on the record from a reliable source stating UConn's front court dynamic acted as some sort of barrier to accepting the scholly I will cool off on Chukwu a bit. I think he will play 2/3 years in college not because he won't be a first rounder after 1 and a lotto after 2 but because the college experience and his education will have quite a bit of value to him.

I LOVE me some CHUKWU! ;)

Have a good 1!

PER is a horrible stat, most people know that. If you can find them look at stats like TS%, win shares, or rebounding %, it says a lot about how much a player really contributes.

Reaction Score
If you guys think Okafor isn't as good as Chuckwu you guys are on some serious stuff. There's a reason why Okafor is making all tournament teams with Team USA and being recruited by Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, Arizona, and Ohio State among others while Chuckwu has UConn, Providence, and St. Joes with some Syracuse and Kansas. If we got Okafor we would win a national championship. If last night was all you've seen from Okafor I can see how you are getting what your saying. He was double teamed every time he touched the ball and all star games aren't for big men.

I see everyone saying that Chuckwu is a must get but I'm sorry I don't see it. He's a tall, raw player. Not that much offensively yet but can block shots and get rebounds. That sounds like Brimah to me. How many tall and lean big men do we need. I don't think Chuckwu should even be a big worry to us. I would take him if he came but I wouldn't be recruiting him hard at all.

Just my two cents.

I am the only 1 who said that. I refuse to take the 5th amendment!!!!!!! You obviously know nothing about Chukwu. I think Ollie offered for a reason (a scholarship offer for 2014 represents the Ollie legacy). Go watch games and don't always defer to others (that's an assumption I am making.) I enjoy your reporting on the recruiting scene. It is fantastic! Talent evaluations? Are you just basing everything off utube vids and 3rd party accounts?

Chukwu is an immediate upgrade and Brimah will be good by his junior year. At that time Chukwu will be in the NBA.

My 3rd party account.

JMHO :)

caw

Reaction Score
I am the only 1 who said that. I refuse to take the 5th amendment!!!!!!! You obviously know nothing about Chukwu. I think Ollie offered for a reason (a scholarship offer for 2014 represents the Ollie legacy). Go watch games and don't always defer to others (that's an assumption I am making.) I enjoy your reporting on the recruiting scene. It is fantastic! Talent evaluations? Are you just basing everything off utube vids and 3rd party accounts?

Chukwu is an immediate upgrade and Brimah will be good by his junior year. At that time Chukwu will be in the NBA.

My 3rd party account.

JMHO :)

So you think Chukwu will be a one and done and drafted? I'll take that bet.

Reaction Score
PER is a horrible stat, most people know that. If you can find them look at stats like TS%, win shares, or rebounding %, it says a lot about how much a player really contributes.

Thanks, I will let KenPom know efficiency related/rated stats are immaterial.

Reaction Score
So you think Chukwu will be a one and done and drafted? I'll take that bet.

I think Chukwu simply needs to gain strength and continue his incredible work ethic. The strength will be easy the summer before he goes to college. This guy is an outright BEAST in the making bro! Chukwu is a very unique individual. Smart returned for his Soph. year. I think Chukwu stays in a controlled environment frustrating those looking for information. I don't think Chukwu will be 1 and done. That doesn't mean he won't be a better college player than Okafor. Head to head I will take Chukwu in 2014.

ChukWU! Love his game!

Reaction Score
Okafor is much more polished. I do think Okafor is a bit overrated because he is very offensively polished. Oddly, his defense is mediocre, IMO. Kind of the antithesis of Emeka.

He's overrated because he's polished? Isn't he properly rated because he's the most skilled big man in America? Why would you elevate someone who's raw? If the rankings are based on where guys might hypothetically be 10 years from now they're useless.

I said it yesterday, but I don't get excited about guys like Chukwu. Every video I see is him beating up on kids who looked like me in high school. He can probably contribute a bit defensively as a freshman but that's about it. Meanwhile, I think a kid like Okafor is going to have a Jared Sullinger like impact from jump street.

caw

Reaction Score
I think Chukwu simply needs to gain strength and continue his incredible work ethic. The strength will be easy the summer before he goes to college. This guy is an outright BEAST in the making bro! Chukwu is a very unique individual. Smart returned for his Soph. year. I think Chukwu stays in a controlled environment frustrating those looking for information. I don't think Chukwu will be 1 and done. That doesn't mean he won't be a better college player than Okafor. Head to head I will take Chukwu in 2014.

ChukWU! Love his game!

I get that but you said Chukwu would be in te NBA by Brimahs junior year. That's a one and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom