Daniel Hamilton=Coffee Black? | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton=Coffee Black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I couldn't know who to compare Daniel with when it dawned on me. Coffee Black from that Will Ferrell basketball movie. The fro, the way he dunks, and the overall 'old school' game. Is there a better comparison for Daniel Hamilton than Coffee Black?

Reaction Score
All I know is that kid is nice. It looks like he has the best overall offensive game on our squad and he looks much stronger and thicker than I expected. I hope we get him for a second year. Such a smooth game.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
...and you get the sense like the best is yet to come with him. He's improving every game and his potential is sky high. He and Boat should be options 1 and 1a as the shot clock runs down.

Reaction Score
So much for the delusional fan that thought Omar would start over Ham. Hamilton has the most versatile game on the team. His rebounding has surprised me.

Yes, he's that good, he's a one-and-done, unfortunately. Let's just hope he can help us get to the Final Four. In March, Hamilton could be unstoppable and should be a last-sec0nds-go-to man like Boat as well. The real question is how high does he want to be in the draft? If he wants to be a high-lottery pick, he should play two years.

Reaction Score
Yes, he's that good, he's a one-and-done, unfortunately. Let's just hope he can help us get to the Final Four. In March, Hamilton could be unstoppable and should be a last-sec0nds-go-to man like Boat as well. The real question is how high does he want to be in the draft? If he wants to be a high-lottery pick, he should play two years.
I think he will stay another year. His family has money and he can work on his game. Well that's what I'm hoping for.

Reaction Score
You can compare him to whomever you want, but DHam is the most ready to perform at a high level UConn freshman since Caron Butler. I was going to say Nate Miles, but didn't want to spark a tangent debate.

There have been a lot of good players since Canon but none to my memory played at the level on a relatively consistent basis as these two players. Granted we're just 4 games into the season, and I'm sure he'll hit some speed bumps along the way, but I think he's going to be outstanding throughout most of his freshman season.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
There's some resemblance between Hamilton and Jeremy Lamb as far as the smoothness factor goes. I think Hamilton has a much higher ceiling though.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He kind of reminds me of Nick Batum. His ceiling may be higher though because he's quicker than Batum.

Reaction Score
He kind of reminds me of Nick Batum. His ceiling may be higher though because he's quicker than Batum.
although overall a bit smaller, think thats a pretty spot on comparison. Think he has potential to be a better ball handling version.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Brandon Roy. Big SG who can handle, pass, shoot and rebound. Explosive athlete, but not super elite. Big, but not overly long. Efficient scorer who can work from deep or in the lane.

Reaction Score
He will be better than Rip but not as good as Ray Ray
Bigger and longer reach than Ray, not the same 3 point shooter but who is? I see greatness on the horizon. Ray was good as a freshman but I think Hamilton will be better.

Reaction Score
Bigger and longer reach than Ray, not the same 3 point shooter but who is? I see greatness on the horizon. Ray was good as a freshman but I think Hamilton will be better.

Still, he has surprised me with his 3 point shooting. It is a small sample size, however, he is knockin' 'em down.

Reaction Score
Remember Ray is a HOFamer. I hope he becomes what your expectations are of him. What seperated Ray from a lot of players including the same guys in his class like Iverson and Marbury was his work ethic. If Hamilton has that and you include his natural talent, then I can see it.

Reaction Score
I think he will stay another year. His family has money and he can work on his game. Well that's what I'm hoping for.
His brother getting cut recently should give him caution. I too think he will want another year. Ollie's system is so team oriented, that all of his potential may not fully materialize until 2 years. DD had a 3 year resume, this kid will not need it.

However I could be fooling myself or trying to convince myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom