Dangerous position of bracket seeding | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dangerous position of bracket seeding

Reaction Score
Found this on the interwebs....
20210304_140706.jpg

Reaction Score
if we were a 9-10 seed, I really hope we get Clemson. Watched their game briefly last night vs Syracuse before UConn. Wow were they incompetent. Throwing the ball around top of the perimeter and then jack up a bad shot or turn the ball over. Looked like us a couple years ago.

Everythint I’ve seen of the ACC shouts overrated to me. If we get one of those teams, I’ll be very happy. Very mediocre basketball. In my opinion, the AAC is just as good as the ACC but gets half the credit.

Reaction Score
of course it matters. why wouldnt you want to avoid an elite team until the sweet 16 if possible? people count sweet 16 appearances
Because we are going to beat them whenever we play them!!

Reaction Score
of course it matters. why wouldnt you want to avoid an elite team until the second weekend if possible? people count sweet 16 appearances
Yeah, it's entirely possible you don't have to beat a 1 seed to win a title. The ideal is to be far away from dangerous teams and hope they lose along the way. My ideal FF is UConn and 3 16-seeds.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
of course it matters. why wouldnt you want to avoid an elite team until the second weekend if possible? people count sweet 16 appearances

This year more than ever. I am pretty sure Gonzaga, Baylor and Michigan are good. I'm not really sure that anybody else is. Every other team has lost several games. The seeding is going to be wildly wrong. I want to avoid those 3 teams. Don't much care about playing anybody else.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We could beat Gonzaga if we play our best basketball.

(wait what who said that)
Gonzaga has been playing Pepperdine and San Francisco for months. They don't want this . At all.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I would LOVE to watch us play Illinois as scary as it seems it would be a great test for our program and a Sanogo/Whaley vs Kofi coupled with Bouk vs Dosunmu would be a great sight to see for college hoops.
I don't want to see Illinois at all. They are crazy good. Kofi is a beast and their PG has 2 triple doubles - think about that. We don't have anyone that could triple double. They just crushed Michigan and also beat Wiscy without him.

Reaction Score
UCONN wins a few they move up lose they move down. As well as they are playing they would be a dangerous team for a number 1. I would like our chances against Illinois.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We could beat Gonzaga if we play our best basketball.

(wait what who said that)

Gonzaga isn't going undefeated for the same reason they never win it all. Lack of consistent competition. There are no unbeatable 1's this year.

Would I rather avoid the 1 in the second round, of course but, none of them want to see UConn in the second round either.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We could absoloutely match his physicality

Foul trouble would be the concern. Sanogo would pick up 2 fouls in less than a minute. You'd probably use 20 between Whaley, Sanogo, Carlton, Jackson and Akok.

Tough to win a game like that.

Reaction Score
A 1 seed should be nervous seeing UConn as a 8/9. Fear no one!
If I am an 8/9 seed, that is loading the bracket. Not very fair for a 1 seed to have to play against a player who is a top 10 NBA draft pick in the second round and whose team has only lost two games when he is in the lineup. They gotta take that into account.

The issue with Bracketologists is they just go by numbers only. I think the committee will have UConn one seed higher than their metrics at the end of the year. So, if they are ~30 in NET, they will be a 6/7 seed. Not an 8/9.

The ceiling is probably a 5 seed if they sweep out. Worst case? Lose to G-Town and in first round? They probably get put in the 8/9 game. LOL. I don't think we are going to see UConn as a 10. Third place in Big East, Bouknight factor, it doesn't make logical sense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm clearly suffering from some irrational exuberance. We're going to win the next two and I think today, we are the best team in the Big East. Everybody is on board and playing well, we have a star. What beats us is if a team goes crazy from 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom