Dangerfield was huge!!! | The Boneyard

Dangerfield was huge!!!

Reaction Score
Apart from Gabby I felt she was the next biggest factor. Even though she didn't score a lot, her fingerprints were all over this game.
I think we'll keep Danger!

Reaction Score
Apart from Gabby I felt she was the next biggest factor. Even though she didn't score a lot, her fingerprints were all over this game.
Dangerfield played well, and whilea strong supporter of hers, I think you're selling Collier short. Re-watch the game, and watch Collier's play, offense and defense, at key points. There were two players on the floor that looked like All Americans last night, Williams & Collier. Wilson continued to get the Michael Jordan treatment by the officials. Nonetheless, she disappeared in the second half when the game was on the line.

Reaction Score
Wilson continued to get the Michael Jordan treatment by the officials

If you ask me, Wilson got the Scotty Pippen treatment. COATES got the MJ treatment; she spent so much time banging, pushing, and grabbing Huskies that the team manager will likely go through an entire roll of tape trying to get the fur out of her uniform.

Reaction Score
If you ask me, Wilson got the Scotty Pippen treatment. COATES got the MJ treatment; she spent so much time banging, pushing, and grabbing Huskies that the team manager will likely go through an entire roll of tape trying to get the fur out of her uniform.
re Coates...agreed, but, its Wilson that pushes up her point total at the free throw line in many games, without much contact.

Reaction Score
We could have Kia hop onto the court on one foot for a play, and then get right back to the bench.

Naaahh...Geno would NEVER go for that. :D

Really hope she is OK, and that she's not doing damage to that ankle by continuing to practice and play on it. Hope KLS gets some time, and the proper medical attention, to heal whatever ailment is plaguing her.

Reaction Score
Yes she was pretty awesome; the coaches will make her one of the best. My sense is that she is one of the kids who struggle with the "team first" concept when they first get to UConn. Easy for some, harder for others, and some probably never get it. They all say they embrace it when they arrive, but actions speak louder than words. Geno's comment in his presser about moving the NCAAs to May or June was classic.

Reaction Score
Time to rest Kia and let Crystal Dangerfield take her spot for the next couple of games. We need everyone at 100% for March.

Agree completely. At least sit Tulane game. After that Temple on 22Mar. Would give her 9 days w/o a game
and hopefully to miss a few practices. She could definately use it.

Reaction Score
Then Gabby will be the only player to have appeared in every game of The Streak! :( :confused:
This team needs to get healthy - mentally and physically - before the NCAAs which will be here before you know it. Like Geno said last night this team has been slipping in recent weeks and they are just tired, and they do have a way more important job to do besides playing basketball and that's being students.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Yes Sir!!!! You are 100% correct. She wasn't the star last night. She was a "support" role player. She played 30 minutes because of the injury to Nurse. She ran the point for all but 10 minutes of the game. She had 7 assists + her 5 points, that accounts for 19 points. She had two turnovers, she could have had more, as the ball was in her hands most of the time for UConn. I think she played very well. She made 3 (perfect) assist passes last night that made me stand up. OMG. She is so quick. The game may still be a little blurry (fast) for her right now, but it will have slowed to a crawl come November. She'll know exactly what she's doing then. After this week, she may not spend another day in the "Chateau de bow-wow".

Chong is good (and I love Saniya), but Crystal can do some things that Chong can't. Chong is not as quick as she is either. When CD is coming down the floor on a fast break, she's the opponents worst nightmare. 90% of her fast break passes on right on target, and result in layups. She's going to be a lot of fun to watch the next 3 years. I am so happy she wanted to come to UConn. We got a good one.

I was extremely impressed with her play last night. A tip o' the turban to Miss Crystal. :cool: UConn women's basketball - Getting it done!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dangerfield played well, and whilea strong supporter of hers, I think you're selling Collier short. Re-watch the game, and watch Collier's play, offense and defense, at key points. There were two players on the floor that looked like All Americans last night, Williams & Collier. Wilson continued to get the Michael Jordan treatment by the officials. Nonetheless, she disappeared in the second half when the game was on the line.

I noticed that too. To a certain extent, they've done so in all 3 games. They were great in the first half. no so much in the second. Gabby almost matched their total production for the night by
herself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom