Dangerfield vs Samuelson - Monday @NIKE TOC | The Boneyard

Dangerfield vs Samuelson - Monday @NIKE TOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lots of good players in those games. I'm curious about DaCosta for St. Mary's. She's a highly touted freshman. Past St. Mary's players have included Jackie Gemelos, Chelsea Gray, and Afure Jemerigbe, all HS All-Americans.

Reaction Score
Nike will really be missing the boat if they don't provide a stream for that game.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if one of our staff made a super effort to get to Phoenix for this championship game.
Late night flight out of Bradley after the UCLA game...or maybe in the air as I type on an early
Monday flight?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope Shea or Marissa will be in Phoenix.

How did the LVs miss out on Johnson?

Dangerfield is really, really, really good. And she's a junior. :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I hope Shea or Marissa will be in Phoenix.

How did the LVs miss out on Johnson?

Dangerfield is really, really, really good. And she's a junior. :)

How would you compare/contrast Dangerfield with J. Canada? I was very impressed with Canada's play. Talk about dynamic - and a real leader, it seems, even as a frosh.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How would you compare/contrast Dangerfield with J. Canada? I was very impressed with Canada's play. Talk about dynamic - and a real leader, it seems, even as a frosh.
I can't answer that, but I hope others try.

I think MoJett is really just under 5'6". I don't know if Crystal is the same size or a little shorter, but CD III is a fabulous offensive player--great shooter, shake and bake moves, ankle breaker, the fastest player on the floor, passes that would make Diana proud.

Reaction Score
KLS & Dangerfield (32) on All-tournament Team

All Touney Nike TOC 122214.jpg

Reaction Score
Here's game footage of St. Mary's Aquira DeCosta from a tourney in Hawaii: http://scoringlive.com/story.php?storyid=12356

She's 6'2" with plenty of hops. Blocks shots and rebounds. Very smooth and coordinated for a freshman. Stronger build than I was expecting for her age. Plays inside now but looks like she could be a wing. She'll get great coaching at St. Mary's. Their coach says he thinks she'll surpass Gemelos and Chelsea Gray. Her trainer, Olympian Ruthie Bolton, says she way ahead of where she was at that age. Could be a top 5 player for 2018, maybe even competing for #1 with the 6'4" girl committed to Texas.

Katie Lou Samuelson seems to keep getting better. Won't be as big as Delle Donne, but a better 3-point shooter.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ruthie Bolton was a world-class athlete.

If Acosta is better than Gemelos or Gray, she'll be in the running for the #1 recruit. Those 2 were studs when healthy.

How many points did Lou finish with today?

Anyone who is on a par with EDD or KML is a great shooter. I think Elena is a full 6'5" or slightly more. Lou seems to be a little under 6'4".

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Della Donne is perhaps the best big female player ever at shooting off the dribble. That's not really KLS's game. Lou will post up some, cut without the ball, and find open spaces. She did hit a couple long jumpers after pump-faking by her defenders at the 3x3 Games.

Reaction Score
Felecia Aiyeotan 6'9" game play video.

Second try on this post. The last one had a link that was redirected so I'll try it this way. Not sure if it will work for those who are not registered with MaXpreps.
Click on Wbbfan1's link to MaXpreps directly above. This will take you (hopefully) to the page featuring KLS.
On the right is a column "related articles". The last article is "MaxPreps top 25" click on that.
The new page has an embedded video of Felecia Aiyeotan in actual game play.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
From the Max Prep article linked above by Wbbfan1's post

It was also another great performance by Samuelson, and the third-straight title was a fitting end for a player who has, to paraphrase the TOC T-shirts, dominated while the world was watching.
:):)

Reaction Score
Felecia Aiyeotan 6'9" game play video.

Second try on this post. The last one had a link that was redirected so I'll try it this way. Not sure if it will work for those who are not registered with MaXpreps.
Click on Wbbfan1's link to MaXpreps directly above. This will take you (hopefully) to the page featuring KLS.
On the right is a column "related articles". The last article is "MaxPreps top 25" click on that.
The new page has an embedded video of Felecia Aiyeotan in actual game play.
"You stand here and hold your hands up high, we'll throw it to you, you shoot."

The "I give up" head shake by one of the girls on the other team was priceless.

Reaction Score

Okay, for those still on the Twitter bubble, some play-by-play on the the above tweet.
  1. This tweet was posted by Crystal Dangerfield, whose Twitter handle is @therealdanger32
  2. It is a re-tweet of a tweet she received from Katie Lou's mom, whose handle is @Motherjones38. We know this is a re-tweet by the colon separating the two handles.
  3. Katie Lou's mom is telling Crystal (and willing to let the entire world see this message as well) that the SAMs (that's the Samuelson family) cannot wait til Crystal and Lou play together (that would be at Uconn starting in the fall of 2016)
  4. The '#lotsaluvfromSams' is a made-up hash tag with a not so subtle message (definition of hashtag is for another time)
  5. And, lastly, is Crystal's reply to the SAMS (and the entire world).
So, for the record, I'm absolutely looking forward to this also. Anybody else?

Ain't it grand to have winning teams behind us, winning teams among us, and winning teams ahead of us at Uconn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Okay, for those still on the Twitter bubble, some play-by-play on the the above tweet.
  1. This tweet was posted by Crystal Dangerfield, whose Twitter handle is @therealdanger32
  2. It is a re-tweet of a tweet she received from Katie Lou's mom, whose handle is @Motherjones38. We know this is a re-tweet by the colon separating the two handles.
  3. Katie Lou's mom is telling Crystal (and willing to let the entire world see this message as well) that the SAMs (that's the Samuelson family) cannot wait til Crystal and Lou play together (that would be at Uconn starting in the fall of 2016)
  4. The '#lotsaluvfromSams' is a made-up hash tag with a not so subtle message (definition of hashtag is for another time)
  5. And, lastly, is Crystal's reply to the SAMS (and the entire world).
So, for the record, I'm absolutely looking forward to this also. Anybody else?

Ain't it grand to have winning teams behind us, winning teams among us, and winning teams ahead of us at Uconn.
Ok, a caveman is giving us Twitter lessons (which I need), so I feel as if I'm in a GEICO commercial. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom