Dangerfield to Indiana Fever | The Boneyard

Dangerfield to Indiana Fever

Reaction Score
Indiana Fever Roster..jpg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I think this has the potential to work well for everybody. The roster seems point-guard-heavy, but Hartley is really a combo guard, plus she's hardly played the last two years. Danielle Robinson isn't a threat from deep AT ALL, so she and Crystal will give them totally different looks. I'm not sure whether Crystal or Henny might play some off-guard? In any case, they're both young sponges and will learn a lot from Bria and DRob.

Reaction Score
Not sure who on their roster is arriving late/injured warranting the hardship, but I won’t be surprised to see Henderson waived and Dangerfield signed at the end of the hardship contract. We’ll see who performs better the first few games.

Part of me really thinks Minnesota was gambling by waiving Dangerfield hoping to resign her for less. And that didn’t quite work out.

This leave is so wonky sometimes. How a ROY from just a few seasons ago gets released from a roster with nothing in return is just bizarre.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It's a temporary contract. Hopefully she will impress the coaches.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Part of me really thinks Minnesota was gambling by waiving Dangerfield hoping to resign her for less. And that didn’t quite work out.
Isn't she still in her rookie contract? So there is no signing her for less; her contract is dictated by the collective bargaining agreement.

Reaction Score
Isn't she still in her rookie contract? So there is no signing her for less; her contract is dictated by the collective bargaining agreement.
I think you were right. Wasn’t sure about if someone clears the waivers and can be signed after a few weeks, prorating their total contract payout. Really have never dig deep into how the league works.

Reaction Score
I think this has the potential to work well for everybody. The roster seems point-guard-heavy, but Hartley is really a combo guard, plus she's hardly played the last two years. Danielle Robinson isn't a threat from deep AT ALL, so she and Crystal will give them totally different looks. I'm not sure whether Crystal or Henny might play some off-guard? In any case, they're both young sponges and will learn a lot from Bria and DRob.
Crystal was signed on a hardship so once the other two guards get back somebody will have to go.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Finally some respect.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Crystal got 2 minutes in first half of Washington / Indiana. Stat line not good. Probably an impossible situation being asked to play within 24 hours with no team practice time. :(

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Crystal got 2 minutes in first half of Washington / Indiana. Stat line not good. Probably an impossible situation being asked to play within 24 hours with no team practice time. :(
The way the Fever looked, I'm not sure practice time makes a difference.

Reaction Score
Crystal was signed on a hardship so once the other two guards get back somebody will have to go.
Is DRob on a guaranteed contract? If not, I would cut her and keep CD and Destanni for cheaper and cut Robinson. Her best days are well behind her and she can't shoot outside the lane.

Reaction Score
The way the Fever looked, I'm not sure practice time makes a difference.
The fever will never get better as long as the 2 Mitchell's are on the team. Neither one does much looking for anyone else on the floor.
Both are too much one on one looking for their shot.

Reaction Score
I hope she dominates destiny Henderson every day in practice. Just
They’re teammates now, so their shared goal of winning should be dedicated to their team. The Indiana Fever.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The fever will never get better as long as the 2 Mitchell's are on the team. Neither one does much looking for anyone else on the floor.
Both are too much one on one looking for their shot.
Can't disagree in general. Kelsey Mitchell scored 15 points today. WOW. But on 6-20 shooting. Give 10 of those shots to someone else, and they may have won.

Hull played 14 minutes with 0 points on 0-5 shooting. She's played 11 minutes average in her first 2 games and has yet to score a single point. I will be VERY curious how that #6 pick works out for them this season and beyond. How Henderson, who is light years better, fell all the way to 20 still mystifies me.

Reaction Score
Can't disagree in general. Kelsey Mitchell scored 15 points today. WOW. But on 6-20 shooting. Give 10 of those shots to someone else, and they may have won.

Hull played 14 minutes with 0 points on 0-5 shooting. She's played 11 minutes average in her first 2 games and has yet to score a single point. I will be VERY curious how that #6 pick works out for them this season and beyond. How Henderson, who is light years better, fell all the way to 20 still mystifies me.
Regardless of what people think Henny was far from a 1 game owner. When she needed to be a scorer she could score. As hard as it is to stick in this league those 5 rookies were lucky to be picked on this team and at least get a chance. I don’t think Henny will be dropped to pick up Dangerfield, but I think CD is better than some in the league. If she doesnt stick with this team I hope she will get picked up at some point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom