Dan Orlovsky - “It’s time for my journey as a football player to come to an end.” | The Boneyard

Dan Orlovsky - “It’s time for my journey as a football player to come to an end.”

Reaction Score

>>I’m not fearful of the future, but excited. I am excited to do things as a husband and dad, as a friend, an uncle or alumni, that I have never been able to do before. And I truly believe that football has equipped me so well for this next step.<<

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He has nothing to hang his head about and he's going out on his own terms. Not many people get to say that. Here's hoping he finds his way back to the UCONN program in some capacity. Well done, Dan O!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I remember the first time I saw him play for SHS Gaels. Wow. Great person. Great professional. Good on him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
OC in waiting for when Lashlee eventually leaves?
I didn't read the article yet, but I think the Daily Campus is correct. Lashlee is the HCIW. He will be given the Associate Head Coaching title by next season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would think he would be in demand as a QB coach at some point.

Yes, I think he's a good option as an NFL QB coach. That's been his job in a way, for years.

Reaction Score
He has nothing to hang his head about and he's going out on his own terms.
And, seemingly without (m)any concussions or any major injuries. Great life experiences and stories, financially well-positioned, ongoing NFL pension, apparently a good family man, great ongoing career potential, healthy ... DO symbolically appears to have life by the cajones!

Reaction Score
Emotional, powerful statement from one of our finest. Love the alumni comment :).
His years in the league playing for so many different head coaches, offensive coordinators and QB coaches, has to make him one of the most knowledgeable in the football world at the position. Not to even think of the thousands of hours watching film on defenses and working with receivers.
We have to hope he wants to go into coaching and believe he would start this career at UConn. This under his former mentor / friend a former college QB himself. ;)

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'd be thrilled to see him at UConn, giving his knowledge of the game to our players. But he can probably make more money in the NFL.

Either way, good luck Dan!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think Dan would make a good coach either at the college level or the pro level.

No matter what he decides to do, he will succeed

Congrats on your Retirement Dan Orlovsky and enjoying the family

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Could he ever become UConn's athletic director or take a related post?

What did Athletic Director Dave do that you want him gone?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom