Dan Hurley's deep UConn roster will have players competing for minutes: 'The way it should be' (Mike Anthony) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley's deep UConn roster will have players competing for minutes: 'The way it should be' (Mike Anthony)

Reaction Score
He could simply be 'playing chess' with this squad (and perhaps us), meaning don't believe everything he says. For example, the freshmen may be D1 ready but he may not want them to become complacent if stated to the media. Just saying some coaches are reserve with player comments (i.e. accolades) knowing their personalities and potential reactions.
Remember when JC sais Justin Brown was outplaying Emeka during the pre season?

Reaction Score
I don’t see how Jackson and Martin can play together, spacing would be atrocious. Surround Jackson with Hawk and Tyler.

Only way I could see it happen is if we have Whaley at the 5 and he's developed into a guy who can take 3-4 from deep a game at a decent %. Cole, Hawkins, Jackson, Martin, Whaley could be a killer lineup defensively.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t see how Jackson and Martin can play together, spacing would be atrocious. Surround Jackson with Hawk and Tyler.
Jackson needs to be great so we can run this lineup.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Our highest upside lineup is Jackson-Hawkins-Polley-Martin-Whaley.

Everyone can switch defensively. Enough shooting with hawkins and polley. Enough rebounding with Jackson, Martin and Whaley. I don't expect people to agree with this.

Reaction Score

Everyone can switch defensively. Enough shooting with hawkins and polley. Enough rebounding with Jackson, Martin and Whaley. I don't expect people to agree with this.

Not enough ballhandling. I wouldn't mind trying it out vs cupcakes and seeing how it looks though

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not enough ballhandling. I wouldn't mind trying it out vs cupcakes and seeing how it looks though
This is assuming Jackson is a high level ball handler. You definitely couldn't run it the majority of the time, but for stretches it'd be deadly.

Reaction Score
Yea, who besides a much improved, would need to be, AJ is moving the rock and handling the pressure?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think it's fantastic that we can roll out so many potential lineup combos. I don't have any predictions but Andre's athleticism and passing skills are fun to watch. I hope he rounds out his game this year. Also, big men tend to foul a lot and having 4+ talented ones is a good problem to have.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

It's scary that people actually have thoughts like this in their head and then put finger to keyboard.

No. No lineup with a Polley, Martin and Whaley frontcourt is the high water mark.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's scary that people actually have thoughts like this in their head and then put finger to keyboard.

No. No lineup with a Polley, Martin and Whaley frontcourt is the high water mark.
Ouch. I promise you that front court is statically better than playing 2 traditional bigs. Especially with a great playmaker in the backcourt.

Reaction Score

Having your best player on the bench gives you the highest upside now?

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Martin / Jackson / Whaley / Sanogo would be a matchup nightmare on the glass. Could see them overpowering teams

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I should clarify when I said highest upside, that meant Jackson and Hawkins being above average creators with the ball, which of course is to be determined. If they aren't, you just can't run a lineup with no ball handler, of course that wouldn't make sense.

Reaction Score
After what I saw last season it wasn’t close that Sanogo is our key player this year. As long as he’s able foul wise he should play most of the game. Coaches don’t do that though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom