Dan Hurley welcomes new staff | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley welcomes new staff

Reaction Score
Arizona State welcomed us to the Hurley family today:

Sun Devil MBB on Twitter

@UConnMBB's response? Crickets. Why do our social media accounts still suck so much? It's 2018.
I've noticed a consistent pattern that they eventually get to stuff like this but it's 2-3 days too late (see 2014 National Championship anniversary, which was Saturday, not acknowledged until Monday). WBB is decent, the main UConn Huskies account is pretty good, MBB is flat out awful.

It also feels like they are never prepared for stuff like this and are always caught off guard. No one bothers to keep a calendar of significant dates to do fun stuff like this. Very reactive, not very proactive.
lol

Reaction Score
Really impressed with this coaching staff. Excellent mix of veteran coaches with overlapping strengths and dynamism. Hurley being the best decision, and now his first moves also being first class hires. Someone else stated that we're going to have the middle and upper eastern seaboard locked up for recruiting. I don't know about all that, but I am convinced that we are once again one of the major players in these regions. Our coaching staff and recruiting potential has risen exponentially, and we suddenly don't look like the shell of our former championship brand. Players are going to want to play for these coaches, for this national brand that is UConn, especially once we start winning, which being a die hard fan, I have to believe is soon to follow.

People have made comparisons to Gonzaga; that if we are winning, our conference doesn't matter so much, our brand will carry us. There is some truth to this, for sure. The American does hurt our recruiting some, but if we were winning the conference and also scheduling more top twenty programs, our recruiting would not suffer nearly so much. The conference itself is getting better year by year; hopefully these great and positive changes that UConn Nation has undertaken will pave the way for a hungry Danny Hurley and his very excellent coaching staff, to rise to the top of this conference, returning UConn to it's championship culture and winning ways.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
seems like a response someone here would send

We have a lot of lurkers, too. Some Guy, relatives of players, and now the UConn social media account all but confirmed they read us, too. Hey guys! Keep up the good work!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We have a lot of lurkers, too. Some Guy, relatives of players, and now the UConn social media account all but confirmed they read us, too. Hey guys! Keep up the good work!

players...

Reaction Score
It's a college campus of nearly 20K undergrads, 3/4 of whom would kill to run the Twitter account for intern credits. It boggles the mind that they haven't turned it over to one capable person who's halfway witty and would be eager to engage a peer institution in this kind of banter utilizing a modern day medium. I just don't get it...

"Let's leave the official MBB Twitter account in the hands of a clever 20 year old intern, what could go wrong?"

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
"Let's leave the official MBB Twitter account in the hands of a clever 20 year old intern, what could go wrong?"

Who do you think likely runs the lion's share of sports team's Twitter accounts? If they're not 20 year olds, they're probably not much older.

Reaction Score
Who do you think likely runs the lion's share of sports team's Twitter accounts? If they're not 20 year olds, they're probably not much older.
My cousin's son ran the twitter account for major league baseball when in his mid twenties. Dream job, they paid him to sit in front of a bank of TV's and tweet about the action. BTW he's a UConn grad.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
They couldn't get all the twitter accounts on brand before this post? Kimani has the early 2000's logo going and Kenya is still an assistant at Nebraska.

Fire Hurley?

Maybe Kimani doesn't like the new wolf logo, like it seems about half or more of the fanbase doesn't, including myself.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Or you could just find a competent 27 year old to do it -- UMBC has no issue with this

Man Behind U.M.B.C. Twitter Account Also Takes a Victory Lap

Not hating on this guy at all, but that article is borderline preposterous. The over dramatization of somebody tweeting a basketball game had me laughing...you'd think he turned back the demon hoard or something.

"He was just a nondescript young man from humble upbringings. Unnoticed, unloved, he might as well have been invisible. But when extreme situations arise, some men answer the call. Some men rise up. Zach Seidel is that man..."

I guess 'twitter warrior' really is a thing.

Reaction Score
Not hating on this guy at all, but that article is borderline preposterous. The over dramatization of somebody tweeting a basketball game had me laughing...you'd think he turned back the demon hoard or something.

"He was just a nondescript young man from humble upbringings. Unnoticed, unloved, he might as well have been invisible. But when extreme situations arise, some men answer the call. Some men rise up. Zach Seidel is that man..."

I guess 'twitter warrior' really is a thing.

Are you suggesting this man

merlin_135661344_30396f1c-a2d5-42ff-821b-b955d403ff0e-master768.jpg

is not on Campbell's Hero's Journey?

Reaction Score
The guy who's in charge of Georgetown's athletic department marketing (and father of viral things like "millennial day" etc) is a UConn alum.

Im pretty sure he's a lurker here, maybe even a member.

UConn should definitely hire him and he's great on social media.

Bring him home!

(Yes, I can't remember his name...)

Reaction Score
The guy who's in charge of Georgetown's athletic department marketing (and father of viral things like "millennial day" etc) is a UConn alum.

Im pretty sure he's a lurker here, maybe even a member.

UConn should definitely hire him and he's great on social media.

Bring him home!

(Yes, I can't remember his name...)

Chris Grosse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44