Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
belushi.gif

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm thinking more of a ladder.

*Game of Thrones spoilers*

No more chaos please. How about some nice, clean, thoughtful organization.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm done with the rat-infested sinking ships, the escalators, counting how many toes are in, Nickelodeon, made-up trophies and fish cakes (yes, I know I'm mixing sports, but UConn's had a run of metaphor-yapping coaches recently. Ironic, really, since those guys were only metaphorically coaching).

Excited to see what adults can do when running our programs again.

Reaction Score
Do we know for sure if Ed Streit is being retained as S&C coach? I know he’s listed on the updated website, but odd that Hurley didn’t give him a shout out?

Reaction Score
They couldn't get all the twitter accounts on brand before this post? Kimani has the early 2000's logo going and Kenya is still an assistant at Nebraska.

Fire Hurley?

I like Coach Kimani even more with shoutout to the retro husky logo. Time to get back to the future!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Arizona State welcomed us to the Hurley family today:

@UConnMBB's response? Crickets. Why do our social media accounts still suck so much? It's 2018.

If we had tweeted back, I guarantee there would be complaints about engaging with a “small-time” program like ASU.

Reaction Score
Arizona State welcomed us to the Hurley family today:

@UConnMBB's response? Crickets. Why do our social media accounts still suck so much? It's 2018.

I've noticed a consistent pattern that they eventually get to stuff like this but it's 2-3 days too late (see 2014 National Championship anniversary, which was Saturday, not acknowledged until Monday). WBB is decent, the main UConn Huskies account is pretty good, MBB is flat out awful.

It also feels like they are never prepared for stuff like this and are always caught off guard. No one bothers to keep a calendar of significant dates to do fun stuff like this. Very reactive, not very proactive.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I've noticed a consistent pattern that they eventually get to stuff like this but it's 2-3 days too late (see 2014 National Championship anniversary, which was Saturday, not acknowledged until Monday). WBB is decent, the main UConn Huskies account is pretty good, MBB is flat out awful.

It also feels like they are never prepared for stuff like this and are always caught off guard. No one bothers to keep a calendar of significant dates to do fun stuff like this. Very reactionary.

It's a college campus of nearly 20K undergrads, 3/4 of whom would kill to run the Twitter account for intern credits. It boggles the mind that they haven't turned it over to one capable person who's halfway witty and would be eager to engage a peer institution in this kind of banter utilizing a modern day medium. I just don't get it...

Reaction Score
It's a college campus of nearly 20K undergrads, 3/4 of whom would kill to run the Twitter account for intern credits. It boggles the mind that they haven't turned it over to one capable person who's halfway witty and would be eager to engage a peer institution in this kind of banter utilizing a modern day medium. I just don't get it...

Isn't Phil Chardis the UConn men's basketball Athletic Communications guy? Not sure if he's in charge of the twitter account, but if he is it may explain a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom