Dan Hurley & The Formula - Goodman via The Messenger | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley & The Formula - Goodman via The Messenger

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
a couple great quotes:

The commitment to modern basketball with old-school coaching, accountability, culture, players letting me coach them,” he says. “But I modernized the way we needed to play the game

“The scary part,” Hurley says, “is that we aren’t anywhere near whole yet.”

Reaction Score
“I was always culture, culture, culture,” Hurley says. “Toughness. Defense. Hard preparation and scouting. I was about culture, play harder with the defense.”

Now he’s gone to shooting, passing and toughness.

“We play both ends of the court now,” Hurley said. “And we recruit talented, good people.”

The switch flipped on March 17, 2022, when UConn became a first-round casualty for the second consecutive year under Hurley, this time via a 70-63 loss to New Mexico State.

“The feeling of having 48 points with two minutes to go, having to win games like that was exhausting,” Hurley said. “You can’t win six games like that unless you have a top-level offense.”

Man that New Mexico St loss was really the inflection point for this program. Build Teddy Allen a statue

Reaction Score
“I was always culture, culture, culture,” Hurley says. “Toughness. Defense. Hard preparation and scouting. I was about culture, play harder with the defense.”

Now he’s gone to shooting, passing and toughness.

“We play both ends of the court now,” Hurley said. “And we recruit talented, good people.”

The switch flipped on March 17, 2022, when UConn became a first-round casualty for the second consecutive year under Hurley, this time via a 70-63 loss to New Mexico State.

“The feeling of having 48 points with two minutes to go, having to win games like that was exhausting,” Hurley said. “You can’t win six games like that unless you have a top-level offense.”

Man that New Mexico St loss was really the inflection point for this program. Build Teddy Allen a statue
It was in some ways. I know there were people on this board hoping for RJ Cole and Tyrese Martin to comeback as they had 1 more year of eligibility. And they were hoping Whaley and Polley could comeback even though they didn't have eligibility. I get the notion as I missed those players and what they did as far as bringing UConn out of the dark abyss and building the foundation back that ultimately lead to a championship.

But having said that, I never shared those sentiments others had of wanting them back. I appreciated what they did for UConn, but UConn got as far as they were going to go with that group. It was time for Hurley to bring in new players with fresh new skill sets that could take UConn to the next level. I remember in 2022 when people were talking about how that team is dark horse to beat #1 seeded Gonzaga and go to the Final Four and I never really bought into that. In fact, I got blasted here when I suggested they could easily lose to NM State and they did.

Think of this way: What do you think last year's UConn team would do to that 2022 New Mexico State team? It's a rhetorical question, they would mop the floor with them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
a couple great quotes:

The commitment to modern basketball with old-school coaching, accountability, culture, players letting me coach them,” he says. “But I modernized the way we needed to play the game

“The scary part,” Hurley says, “is that we aren’t anywhere near whole yet.”

Hopefully that is a prophetic as the quote after the Nova game about you better get us now.

Reaction Score
I can still see Teddy Allen after their win chirping "bye bye Blue Bloods". I hated him then but good things seem to have resulted from that disappointing loss. At least Teddy recognized UConn as a Blue Blood unlike some of the talking heads.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Look at that pic in the article. Bacot is listed at 6'11" 240lbs. Looks like a PG.

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
Donavan Clingan is easily the biggest human being I have ever seen in person. Hard to believe until you see it yourself.

Reaction Score
Donavan Clingan is easily the biggest human being I have ever seen in person. Hard to believe until you see it yourself.
Even Hunter Dickinson called DC a big human being on the KU-UConn postgame. DC was standing behind
Kevin Negandhi on the Carolina ESPN broadcast and dwarfed him.

Reaction Score
It was in some ways. I know there were people on this board hoping for RJ Cole and Tyrese Martin to comeback as they had 1 more year of eligibility. And they were hoping Whaley and Polley could comeback even though they didn't have eligibility. I get the notion as I missed those players and what they did as far as bringing UConn out of the dark abyss and building the foundation back that ultimately lead to a championship.

But having said that, I never shared those sentiments others had of wanting them back. I appreciated what they did for UConn, but UConn got as far as they were going to go with that group. It was time for Hurley to bring in new players with fresh new skill sets that could take UConn to the next level. I remember in 2022 when people were talking about how that team is dark horse to beat #1 seeded Gonzaga and go to the Final Four and I never really bought into that. In fact, I got blasted here when I suggested they could easily lose to NM State and they did.

Think of this way: What do you think last year's UConn team would do to that 2022 New Mexico State team? It's a rhetorical question, they would mop the floor with them.
Are you really surprised that you weren't met with support when you predicted UConn would get upset on a UConn message board? Very hard to figure out why that would be the reaction you received

Reaction Score
I’ve stood next to him, I’m 6’ tall and I looked like mini me.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Hopefully that is a prophetic as the quote after the Nova game about you better get us now.

The new "Not a dime back" may it enjoy a long term of relevance.

Reaction Score
Rewatched the 1st half last night….we are so good on offense. We have skilled and heady players….the adjustments by Cam and AK after the KU game reflect are so indicative of how strong our culture is. Scheyer doesn’t have that in his coaching acumen, nor do his players. In fact, there probably aren’t 5 other coaches in the NCAA that have what we have in terms of coaching and culture. If we were to play Kansas 10 times this season, I think we win 9.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom