Dan Hurley talks Andre Jackson’s leadership, Richie Spring’s development | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley talks Andre Jackson’s leadership, Richie Spring’s development

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Richie was still only 20. Even after 3 more year he'll be younger than Whaley was at the end. Seems like a good kid, hope he can improve to the point where we can play him
Every time I've seen him on the floor, he looks like he belongs there. Effort, control, good defensive positioning and a not bad mid-range jumper.

Reaction Score
Every time I've seen him on the floor, he looks like he belongs there. Effort, control, good defensive positioning and a not bad mid-range jumper.
I completely agree. I've said that a few times. Obviously a small sample size though.

Reaction Score
Everything I read is about bringing in another guard? I think Hurley will really regret not bringing in another big man by the start of next season. We are one injury away or just Sanogo's typical in-game foul trouble from turning a great team into a mediocre team. I think it will be hard to rely on Clingan in Year 1, the speed of the game is going to take some adjusting.

Reaction Score
We've had other players who barely played their first couple years, then got some minutes in their later years. Kenton Facey comes to mind. There's probably a few other ok comparisons.

So maybe that's what we are looking at for Springs.. a career similar to Facey's.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
old headline- "UConn is still looking to bring in at least one more ballhandling guard from the transfer portal"

new headline- “That’ll be the best team I’ve had here,” [Hurley] noted, “or at least having the most good players I’ve had at one time.”
The word “here“ in the new headline troubles me. If in year five you have assembled worst talent at the UConn instead of at URI or Wagner, you are not doing it right.

Reaction Score
The word “here“ in the new headline troubles me. If in year five you have assembled worst talent at the UConn instead of at URI or Wagner, you are not doing it right.
I think it goes without saying that the best talent at UConn is better than his teams at URI and Wagner

CL82

Reaction Score
I think it goes without saying that the best talent at UConn is better than his teams at URI and Wagner
Agree, that’s why the use of the word “here” seems out of place. And why not just say the best players I’ve had. That’s not a criticism of Hurley, so much as a criticism of the wording.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Will this not be the first season that he has a team made up completely of HIS recruits?

CL82

Reaction Score
Will this not be the first season that he has a team made up completely of HIS recruits?
Yep, but when he says it’s the best team he’s had “here” instead of this is the best class I’ve had, it sounds as if he’s had better classes elsewhere. Not a big deal, it just kind of made me stop and say “huh?”

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Yep, but when he says it’s the best team he’s had “here” instead of this is the best class I’ve had, it sounds as if he’s had better classes elsewhere. Not a big deal, it just kind of made me stop and say “huh?”
He could possibly be referring to teams that former UConn coaches had. For instance, Dh says this is my best team at UConn but not as talented as some of JC's teams.

CL82

Reaction Score
He could possibly be referring to teams that former UConn coaches had. For instance, Dh says this is my best team at UConn but not as talented as some of JC's teams.
I actually think that nothing in particular was intended.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Depends on whether the stress is on the I or the HERE., I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom