Dan Hurley St. John's Post Game Presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley St. John's Post Game Presser

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Biggest takeaways for me:
He’s not happy with Clingans conditioning and thinks that it is causing his constant injuries
He’s not thrilled Aleyne left. Blames someone (Pitino or others) for making grandiose promises for what was to come at St. John’s for minutes etc. and said we definitely could have used him this year. Loves the kid
Whose minutes would Alleyne have taken? Solo’s?

Reaction Score
Meh I'm happy Alleyne left. Loved the kid but he wasn't on Cam's level.

Didn't deserve any recognition for jos role in the championship after xfering, but no hard feelings from me. He's just not on our level.
Not on our level? Thats a strange comment considering he played a big role is us winning a championship last season.

Maybe he’s not a starter on our level, but he’s every bit as good as Hassan Diarra

Reaction Score
Not on our level? Thats a strange comment considering he played a big role is us winning a championship last season.

Maybe he’s not a starter on our level, but he’s every bit as good as Hassan Diarra

That's what I meant. We needed a starter and he wasn't that good. He'd be fine off the bench for.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Actually, I had this nagging worry when Clingan gained 20 pounds in the offseason, because one of his strengths last year was running the floor. Normally, you hope for extra weight on a big, but maybe it hurst DC’s mobility too much.
That championship banquet tour is a bitch.

Reaction Score
Hurley knows how to push the buttons. I love Hurley’s not so subtle dig at Clingan. His foot trouble started with weight gain in the summer. He used to be like gazelle running up and down the court.

C’mon, Don get in shape quickly, and we need you down the stretch!

Reaction Score
Announcers talking about UConn mailing Alleyne his NCAA Tournament Championship ring and not driving to St. John's to deliver it.... That's like 3 hours from stores. The kid bailed on the program, mailing is more than fair. Those announcers are clueless.

Alleyne talking about wanting to kill the Huskies. 24 minutes and 2 pts. LOL.
Exactly, if you were him and got along with the rest of team, wouldn’t you want to come back and get a ring while chilling out with dudes?

If he was talking smack against your program, we should forget him like dust in the wind.

Reaction Score
Comments start at 6:13.

They don’t win National Championship without him say’s Hurley.

Reaction Score
"It was really loud....The crowd responds to the personalities and players and they certainly respond to a guy like Cam."

I don't get to many big games anymore but no question the HCC was rocking last night. It was awesome.

Reaction Score
Akok did the same thing though as well.
What akok did was completely different in my opinion. Akok was not the same after his injury and wouldn’t have been a major piece of the rotation. His transfer was for more PT and no one blamed him. Rahsool Diggins same thing, Corey Floyd/Naheim Alleyne left for teams in the same conference and there was no PT implications. They left for a similar role, maybe they hated Hurley but Alleyne didn’t seem to, and I don’t see how playing for Pitino might be more laid back in any way

Reaction Score
Meh I'm happy Alleyne left. Loved the kid but he wasn't on Cam's level.

Didn't deserve any recognition for jos role in the championship after xfering, but no hard feelings from me. He's just not on our level.
Agree offensively but his defense is what made him valuable

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
“It’s not gonna be as pretty but we’ll be better for it in the long run”. Excellent line and likely very true. Love our coach.
Amazing that in other threads there are posters who write as though other posters and the coaching staff are claiming that it was, and couldn't or didn't see it as it was.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Amazing that in other threads there are posters who write as though other posters and the coaching staff are claiming that it was, and couldn't or didn't see it as it was.
I’m can’t decipher this enough to decide if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me, so I will just respond with Happy Holidays to you at yours; and then I’m covered either way.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’m can’t decipher this enough to decide if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me, so I will just respond with Happy Holidays to you at yours; and then I’m covered either way.
Strongly agree with you; thanks for an excellent pull quote; and my post was quite poorly written if clarity was my goal.

Reaction Score
Does UConn have a mic shortage? Why can’t they give the person asking a question a mic so we can hear the ? instead of having to extract the question from the answer? GREAT COMMENT NJ HUSKY. You just pointed out what all the rest of the husky fans
were thinking.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Does UConn have a mic shortage? Why can’t they give the person asking a question a mic so we can hear the ? instead of having to extract the question from the answer? GREAT COMMENT NJ HUSKY. You just pointed out what all the rest of the husky fans
were thinking.
this

Reaction Score
were thinking.
Gotta agree here. It seems silly that we cant get another mic in that room when every youtuber with 30 subscribers has a good one, and a backup in case the good one breaks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom