Dan Hurley on the CT Scoreboard Podcast | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley on the CT Scoreboard Podcast

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Got some time to preview the season with Coach Hurley. We had a great chat about the offseason, expectations for the season, preview the first night dunk contest, and more. Watch below or listen wherever you get your podcasts.

Reaction Score
Very good interview and nice job lining him up right now. Drawing out some comments on the international recruiting and Roumoglou making an early positive impression, Jackson injury comments, Sanogo 3's, strategy vs Kalkbrenner(sp?) etc. Thanks

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Got some time to preview the season with Coach Hurley. We had a great chat about the offseason, expectations for the season, preview the first night dunk contest, and more. Watch below or listen wherever you get your podcasts.

You do a great job of asking open-ending questions and allowing your interviewee (DH)to respond.. It is clear that DH is comfortable with you and trusts you --No blind-sided questions that surprise him..

End result... Fans get some insights that we wouldn't ordinarily get from local media because you have built trust with DH that they haven't.

Well done-- Keep doin' what you're doin'

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
His comments about Diarra and Dausters opinion on Newton are making me think the staff is leaning towards the former starting at PG. Hoping that means he’s taken a real step into being a quality player this year.

Reaction Score
Having listened to both, I read it as they are close in quality today but Newton will still start...however Diarra's minutes will not be much less than what Newton gets early on if not the same.

Given Diarra is coming from the SEC and Newton is coming from the AAC, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise one is having an easier transition. It also gives me hope that with time Newton can get more comfortable at this level and separate himself from Diarra by January.

Reaction Score
Hass is also just a guy whose motor and mindset is going to impress coaches, especially a hard nosed guy like Hurley. Diarra is active on D, arms up and feet moving all the time, and on offense he's attacking. He's a tone setter. Unfortunately his weakness as a player is that he called his own number too often and didn't have the shooting touch, finishing skills, or bag to back it up at A&M. He's a year older, so he'll be better, but he took a higher share of A&M's shots than Tyrese did of ours last year, but he shot and finished closer to Gaffney's numbers, and turnovers are a bit of a problem, too.

If he knows where our bread is buttered (Sanogo, Hawkins, open shooters, etc.), he'll be an asset

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Having listened to both, I read it as they are close in quality today but Newton will still start...however Diarra's minutes will not be much less than what Newton gets early on if not the same.

Given Diarra is coming from the SEC and Newton is coming from the AAC, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise one is having an easier transition. It also gives me hope that with time Newton can get more comfortable at this level and separate himself from Diarra by January.

I may be going crazy, but I could swear that Dan had a quote about Hassan after he committed to A&M where he roughly said that he would probably not hear the end of it when Hassan goes elsewhere and has success. I don’t know if that was due to having Mamadou on staff or because he was a local kid who we didn’t quite have a spot for at the time, but I always got the sense that he was a guy who Dan would’ve loved to have out of HS had the circumstances aligned. He’s talked about needing to infuse some toughness into this team and that’s one area where Diarra can really help adjust for what we lost with Tyrese/RJ at guard.

With Andre out, Newton should have more opportunities to play both PG and even as an off-ball guard with Diarra at times so hopefully that helps with the acclimation.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
That was awesome. Thank you! Great that you get Hurley just to open up and talk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom