Dan Hurley on Jim Rome Show | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley on Jim Rome Show

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Funny his description of his feeling when Nova was shooting the 1-and-1 is exactly what I was experiencing. I had my jacket on and was ready to make a run for the exit, assuming they would hit the shots and the game would be out of reach. But I held out hope thinking we still had a slight chance for something magical.

And then it was nothing but magic and pure adrenaline and electricity, and floating on air until, well...I think I'm still floating.

Reaction Score
The last time I listened to Jim Rome was 2014. Driving from Fargo to Dallas for the FF. I was somewhere in Kansas and I was scanning the radio for sport talks. More specifically NCAA tournament talk. I found Rome. Got a couple hours of ok reception. It was a different era. The idea of listening to all those ads drives me a bit crazy these days.

Decent comments from DH.

Reaction Score
i always think of this when i see/hear jim rome. an all-time clip.

That still cracks me up but Rome has moved on pretty successfully from that. I recently started listening to him occasionally. His "Beef of the Week" segment on Wednesdays can be pretty funny at times. The other day he called it the quarterback episode.

Reaction Score
Matt in Cleveland with the "global warming?" is one of my favorite piece of recorded audio.

Romey's mug looks different these days.

My immediate thought was, “Wow, Rome doesn’t look like Rome anymore”. My theory was that age and a low carb diet took all of the smooth out of his face.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Funny his description of his feeling when Nova was shooting the 1-and-1 is exactly what I was experiencing. I had my jacket on and was ready to make a run for the exit, assuming they would hit the shots and the game would be out of reach. But I held out hope thinking we still had a slight chance for something magical.

And then it was nothing but magic and pure adrenaline and electricity, and floating on air until, well...I think I'm still floating.
Yup - I was sure it was done, hit double play and started watching some poker. About 20 minutes later I looked at the scores on the ESPN site and saw 71 - 69 and couldn't believe it. Switched back over to see how it happened and then watched the final 35 about 4 more times. Classic epic comeback for sure.

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the interview. Loved this quote on accountability, "never blame, complain or defend your position".
Such a likable guy when you hear him speak.

His antics get misconstrued. Pretty obvious when you hear RJ talk about how they were playing for him. He’s the right guy to lead this program.

Reaction Score
As he should
  • “I’m going to brutalize these guys the next couple of days in practice ... They’re swimming in dopamine right now on social media.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom