Dan Hurley On Coaching In The NBA: “That Would Be My Goal” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley On Coaching In The NBA: “That Would Be My Goal”

Reaction Score
Let's pretend Danny wins big here and goes to the NBA. He would be an amazing in studio analyst after he is fired after his first year in the league and before he goes back to college.

Reaction Score
What he should have said was "My only focus is on winning a championship with Uconn"

Answering that question never helps the university and fanbase and anytime there's an NBA coach vacancy, his name might pop up. It's not a big deal, but it is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What he should have said is "My only focus is on winning a championship with Uconn"

Answering that question never helps the university and fanbase and anytime there's an NBA coach vacancy, his name might pop up. It's not a big deal, but it is.
And its not the first time he said this in an interview. I think it was a Q and A with Steve Serby from the NY Post? He pretty much said the same thing how he would love to coach in the NBA one day.

C

Chief00

And its not the first time he said this in an interview. I think it was a Q and A with Steve Serby from the NY Post? He pretty much said the same thing how he would love to coach in the NBA one day.
Chief’s experience with Danny is that he is going to give you the “honest” direct answer regardless of circumstances or how others might answer who put on more filters.

Reaction Score
Step back? No way. There's only 30 NBA head coaching jobs, it's an elite level. If you prove yourself a decent coach and get fired, it's really not a detriment to your career. Even guys who made a fool of themselves at the NBA level (Calipari, Pitino) returned to high level college basketball with no issues. If the OKC Thunder fire Billy Donovan he can take his pick of college jobs. I'm sure he'd be a top candidate for good NBA positions too.

Plus, those guys get ludicrous fully-guaranteed contracts. Look at Fred Hoiberg - made the leap to a mediocre Bulls team for 5 yrs/25 million a couple years ago. Got fired this year after ownership decided to tank. He still gets paid, and now he's right back to high major college basketball at Nebraska.

Don't forget PJ. Great college coach, not so hot as an NBA coach.

Choked by one of his players, is his legacy.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Step back? No way. There's only 30 NBA head coaching jobs, it's an elite level. If you prove yourself a decent coach and get fired, it's really not a detriment to your career. Even guys who made a fool of themselves at the NBA level (Calipari, Pitino) returned to high level college basketball with no issues. If the OKC Thunder fire Billy Donovan he can take his pick of college jobs. I'm sure he'd be a top candidate for good NBA positions too.

Plus, those guys get ludicrous fully-guaranteed contracts. Look at Fred Hoiberg - made the leap to a mediocre Bulls team for 5 yrs/25 million a couple years ago. Got fired this year after ownership decided to tank. He still gets paid, and now he's right back to high major college basketball at Nebraska.
Coaching in some NBA cities, organizations is a step back
I don't care if there are 30 teams, 100 teams or 10 teams
The only good thing is the money
An NBA coach, in nearly 75% of the situations is not the coach, the one or two superstars on those teams run the system
There are only a few Pops and Brad Stevens out there

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Chief’s experience with Danny is that he is going to give you the “honest” direct answer regardless of circumstances or how others might answer who put on more filters.
That made my day
Thanks

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
It’s a dumb thing for him to say even if it’s the truth - doesn’t help the team and doesn’t generate any buzz in the nba. Just dumb

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom