Dan Hurley Media Availability 06/15 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Media Availability 06/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I agree with this. His scout became really predictable. He needs to be able to play 15 feet from the basket, and he needs to kick out and reposition himself. Also his later passing out of double teams needs to develop.

Reaction Score
Kind of like these surprise commitments that come out of nowhere, and seems like another one could be coming soon
Weird that that tweet may have been deleted, but yes, based on Hurley's comments it seems like he's confident we're getting another commitment in the next couple weeks. Have to imagine "potentially getting to 13" would still be the possibility of the Castle reclass.

Reaction Score
I love Sanogo.
Yeah I feel like it’s been awhile since a player has said it and believed that they could actually achieve it, but I feel like he believes it’s doable and that he’s good enough with help to get us there. It kinda gave me chills because I think with the right pieces and the right kind of year this year, next year, his senior year, we can really really achieve it.

Reaction Score
I mean, I think he also ran out of gas -- he was awful down the stretch, missing a lot of layups he made earlier in the year -- but I'd be interested to know if they have a plan to counter the fact that teams know how he plays.
He needs to be stronger to be honest, I can't believe I'm saying that about Adama, but down the stretch he got blocked so often because he would go up so soft. He's a wide body with long arms, he should be able to make space a lot more than he did.

Reaction Score
I mean, I think he also ran out of gas -- he was awful down the stretch, missing a lot of layups he made earlier in the year -- but I'd be interested to know if they have a plan to counter the fact that teams know how he plays.
I wonder if that finger injury caused an issue as well. Could've been a mental thing with that injury which made him a little less confident

Reaction Score
“We will be at 12 (players) by Summer Two,” Hurley said. “There’s a chance we get to 13 if there are some players that have high upside and we can bring in here. We want some younger guys and developmental guys.”

Let the speculation on that 12th player begin!

Alternate free link:

UConn coach Dan Hurley pushing fitness during summer workouts; likes what he sees in Clingan, Hawkins

Reaction Score
The dislocated finger (vs. Gtown I want to say) at the end of the year was what I think crushed him. After that injury he just wasn’t the same.

Reaction Score
Kind of like these surprise commitments that come out of nowhere, and seems like another one could be coming soon
not complaining but i dont haha. it means i have to check in more frequently because i'll never know when there will be big news. i also enjoy the insider sneak peak re. how the recruitment of a player is progressing.

Reaction Score
It’s becoming increasingly clear that the coaching staff is not leaking much info to insiders. Calcaterra was on campus last weekend and no one had any clue. No one seems to know about this new “mystery player” either. Our 2023 focus has also shifted entirely compared to what we thought it would be. Makes the Boneyard a little less fun, but maybe the staff feels it’s ultimately for the better?

Reaction Score
It’s becoming increasingly clear that the coaching staff is not leaking much info to insiders. Calcaterra was on campus last weekend and no one had any clue. No one seems to know about this new “mystery player” either. Our 2023 focus has also shifted entirely compared to what we thought it would be. Makes the Boneyard a little less fun, but maybe the staff feels it’s ultimately for the better?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer