Dan Hurley cracks me up... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley cracks me up...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Definitely not the Samoans.

Dan talks of being an old soul and as someone who is in his 50's, these male sense.

Dan and Cam as a tag team? I'll go with Moon Dogs Rex and Spot, New Age Outlaws, Arn Anderson and Barry Windham, or maybe Rock and Roll Express.

Take it another path of Dan as a manager and Cam as a wrestler, Grand Wizard and Don Muraco.
I’m thinking the sheepherders

Reaction Score
Definitely not the Samoans.

Dan talks of being an old soul and as someone who is in his 50's, these male sense.

Dan and Cam as a tag team? I'll go with Moon Dogs Rex and Spot, New Age Outlaws, Arn Anderson and Barry Windham, or maybe Rock and Roll Express.

Take it another path of Dan as a manager and Cam as a wrestler, Grand Wizard and Don Muraco.

My mom still lives in the house in Hamden we bought from the Samoans lol.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They talk like the road warriors.

They also could be Dusty Rhodes and Magnum TA

Magnum TA was on the verge of blowing up when he had that car accident. He had everything you want for the face of your promotion.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My mom still lives in the house in Hamden we bought from the Samoans lol.

The Samoans have real strong ties to the Florida panhandle. There are all sorts of branches to the Anoa'i family tree here. There are grandkids, nephew, cousins playing all sorts of HS sports in the area and it's not uncommon to see various family members in the stands.

Way before my time living in this area but there are all sorts of legendary stories of them tearing up bars and watering holes.

Reaction Score
Was HUGE wrestling fan back when Snuka was around and the Hogan era. As an adult never watched it and actually couldn’t stand it. Recently my 13 year old son started watching it with his friends and asked me to watch it with him, and it has been really good. Then at work I am finding out that ALOT of people are watching it again and that it has made a huge huge comeback. And I have to say, it is good even knowing it’s fake, I like how they have moved forward with the times and how it’s done.
Whats hilarious is that in my early 20s i dated several hot girls that were into WWE. I found it funny as at that point i was like you and was no longer a fan and kind of found it cheesy. I figured they liked the big buff guys but they knew the story lines and all. Go figure.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tony Garea and Rick Martel

( my keyboard players wife is Tony Gareas daughter)
Tony Garea and Dean Ho are probably my favorite tag team partners.

(Tito Santana used to cut my hair.)

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Not a tag team but the Mean Street Posse which featured UConn football alum Pate Gas (in yellow). Pete’s the nicest guy you’ll ever meet despite his on air toolishness (made up word)…

IMG_7743.jpeg

Reaction Score
I wonder if opposing fan bases would think of the Iron Shiek and Nikolai Volkoff. Two of the greatest heels to ever do it.

Reaction Score
It is amazing how many wrestling fans are on this forum. Is this what sports fans want? Something that is understood to be fake but nevertheless entertaining with good and evil roles played out in the ring? Is that also a reason why computer games are so popular? Does this indicate something much more than watching grown men and women throw themselves on top of each other all decked out in villain and hero outfits? Is the rise in popularity mean that people want to escape into a fantasy world to divert their attention from something else going on? Someone should write a book or a movie. I know. They already have.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It is amazing how many wrestling fans are on this forum. Is this what sports fans want? Something that is understood to be fake but nevertheless entertaining with good and evil roles played out in the ring? Is that also a reason why computer games are so popular? Does this indicate something much more than watching grown men and women throw themselves on top of each other all decked out in villain and hero outfits? Is the rise in popularity mean that people want to escape into a fantasy world to divert their attention from something else going on? Someone should write a book or a movie. I know. They already have.
I wouldn't consider myself a fan, although I follow it on occasion at different times, late 1960's; mid 1970's; early 1980's & late 1980's. I have stated for decades that fake is an unfortunate characterization of professional wrestling. I believe that staged would be a more accurate description and I view professional wrestlers as very highly qualified, but specialized stuntmen. Yes, the outcomes are scripted but there is quite a bit of physical contact going on and there is always the risk of serious injury.

A lot of people spend considerable time and money going to Broadway plays (I've experienced this as well and will continue to do so on occasion). I doubt anyone would call those plays fake.

Professional wrestling is low-brow entertainment and I imagine most who follow it do so for the humor (that is primarily what I drew from it when I watched, although I was fascinated that Bam Bam Bigelow was able to do cartwheels across the ring 35-40 years ago).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom