Dan Hurley breaks down the roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley breaks down the roster

Reaction Score
This breakfast speech used to be televised many years ago by the local cable company's own channel back when Calhoun was giving it. Always a blast to watch and it kicks off the season for a lotta folks. Can anybody find a way to air this @tcf15, @Storrs South, @gampelcrazies, @UConnStats. Anybody?

Reaction Score
Kwintin Williams jumps into new UConn men’s basketball season hoping for more opportunity — and more dunks
In truth, it was communication with his new coach that convinced Williams to return for what will be his second and final season with the Huskies.

“I definitely was waiting to have that conversation with Hurley and see where he thought I’d be at with the team, if he could use me,” Williams said. “We came to an agreement, and I’m really happy with the position I’m in right now with Hurley and my team.”

Williams was listed as a sophomore last season. But a re-assessment of his somewhat confusing high school and junior college transcripts, along with a talk with the new head coach, left everyone in agreement that this will be his final year.

“We decided that it would be best just to go ahead and try to do my best this year and then move on from here,” Williams said.

Never saw that last line before.

Reaction Score
This breakfast speech used to be televised many years ago by the local cable company's own channel back when Calhoun was giving it. Always a blast to watch and it kicks off the season for a lotta folks. Can anybody find a way to air this @tcf15, @Storrs South, @gampelcrazies, @UConnStats. Anybody?

I do not see an online stream I can pull from. I note they do have a YouTube channel where they have posted full talks in the past.

Reaction Score
I do not see an online stream I can pull from. I note they do have a YouTube channel where they have posted full talks in the past.

Yes, I have looked before at YouTube, just don't want to wait til next year to see it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Kwintin Williams jumps into new UConn men’s basketball season hoping for more opportunity — and more dunks
In truth, it was communication with his new coach that convinced Williams to return for what will be his second and final season with the Huskies.

“I definitely was waiting to have that conversation with Hurley and see where he thought I’d be at with the team, if he could use me,” Williams said. “We came to an agreement, and I’m really happy with the position I’m in right now with Hurley and my team.”

Williams was listed as a sophomore last season. But a re-assessment of his somewhat confusing high school and junior college transcripts, along with a talk with the new head coach, left everyone in agreement that this will be his final year.

“We decided that it would be best just to go ahead and try to do my best this year and then move on from here,” Williams said.

Sounds like, we will help you best we can. Don’t expect any prime time minutes and next year we help you get a contract outside the US.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just don't know where in that versatility you find any proven rebounder. Seems as though Carlton or Cobb would have to step up mightily in the middle to allow us to go soft at the 4.

I'd agree, but if no one is proven, then you still have versatility because everyone's pretty similar in that dept.

Reaction Score
"shoots the ball very, very well,"

I just love the second "very." You don't throw that second very out there unless you mean it. Brendan has obvious impressed Hurley.
Hmmm. Very good post.

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley does have some media savvy. He is talking to them, but sending a message to all of his guys in the process. This was a terrific hire by UCONN. I am trying to contain my excitement for the season. Realistically, I would be thrilled with 1) being competitive in every game (never being down 20 in the first halves of games) and 2) making the NIT. That would be a great first step. Anything else will be gravy.

Reaction Score
He's so good. He really is.

Had a way to really highlight guys strengths - had a way to poke/motivate them without being a dink about it.

I will say - reading through the tea leaves on Kwintin - I'm not sure we're going to see much of him this year. I mean when you say "it’s just a matter of teaching him where he should be at both ends of the court, understanding basketball philosophy" - that's not good.

Seemed to be a lot of the same theme with most of the guys though: 'super talented, need to find focus and toughness.'
I agree. Let me translate what he said about Kwintin. The guy is an athlete but he doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground on the court. I’ve said it before, it’s to bad this guy got such a late start, he has the makings of a good, even great player. But unfortunately his understanding of the game is at the level of a 14 year old. Not his fault, like I said, he got a late start, and comes from a place ( Alaska) not known for highly competitive BB

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom