Dan Hurley’s first time meeting Christian Laettner | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley’s first time meeting Christian Laettner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I happened to have watched that game at a small gathering that included a former high school classmate of fine young Christian's. This girl continued to have the biggest crush on him. So the entire game was hearing about the sun shining out of his ass.

And then it got worse.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I happened to have watched that game at a small gathering that included a former high school classmate of fine young Christian's. This girl continued to have the biggest crush on him. So the entire game was hearing about the sun shining out of his ass.

And then it got worse.
Assteroids?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
couldn't have said it better myself.
Your comment got me curious enough to log out and see what you were responding to. "Pot meet kettle" was my first thought.

On this quasi-'lame duck' day before the team's first game, one of the chief tasks is staying out of trouble, and choosing healthily among the myriad distractions.

This is another thread with a variety of opinions that reflect the passage of time, and how feelings can shift or not. I see indications of greater maturity in some of the expanded perspective, personal collections, reappraisals, and softening of opinion regarding someone who at the time kicked us in the nuts while doing his job. Any criticism I might offer toward those who still express hatred toward CL is muted to their favor when I see the Rod Sellers photo and still like it.

A friend once heard me expressing upset over my first-ever nasty breakup and responded:

"The person you were, the person you are right now, and the person you will be are three different people."

Reaction Score
Once an ass always an ass
I don't like Laettner any more than anyone else here, but what's so bad about telling some high school kid he's not welcome here? Sure he's a jerk but my bet would be he really was joking.

Maybe I hung out with too many wise asrses in high school but, no matter, what he said was far from the worst I've ever heard...........or said!

Reaction Score
I don't care enough to hate him. But he does comes off as an arse.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don't like Laettner any more than anyone else here, but what's so bad about telling some high school kid he's not welcome here? Sure he's a jerk but my bet would be he really was joking.

Maybe I hung out with too many wise asrses in high school but, no matter, what he said was far from the worst I've ever heard...........or said!
Two Decembers ago, it was 3am before I was called after several hours in a Louisville ER waiting room for what turned out to be incision & drainage surgery of an abscess in my perineal area.

The guy who was about to wheel me into the room for evaluation, tests, imaging, and thereafter that same guy's sensitive-location prep work with sharp objects.

He took his first look at me in a UCONN hoodie and said, "I can't work on you." His pause afterward lasted just long enough for us to meet on common ground for our several interactions that concluded just before sunrise.

Reaction Score
Two Decembers ago, it was 3am before I was called after several hours in a Louisville ER waiting room for what turned out to be incision & drainage surgery of an abscess in my perineal area.

The guy who was about to wheel me into the room for evaluation, tests, imaging, and thereafter that same guy's sensitive-location prep work with sharp objects.

He took his first look at me in a UCONN hoodie and said, "I can't work on you." His pause afterward lasted just long enough for us to meet on common ground for our several interactions that concluded just before sunrise.
You are a pip.

I don't know that anyone who reads this post will EVER be able to say "TMI" to another sole without thinking of Hans' extremities of TMI.

I hope to heaven that your poetic framing of a pause, presumably eye contact and then "our several interactions that concluded just before sunrise." is just that and not a euphemism especially given the area of physical interaction specified.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You are a pip.

I don't know that anyone who reads this post will EVER be able to say "TMI" to another sole without thinking of Hans' extremities of TMI.

I hope to heaven that your poetic framing of a pause, presumably eye contact and then "our several interactions that concluded just before sunrise." is just that and not a euphemism especially given the area of physical interaction specified.

Actually, that initial comment was entirely with the mock implication that at UL fan would refuse to render any professional service toward a UCONN fan, and the pause was just a bit of comic timing before saying, "I'm just messin' with ya," when I seemed a bit taken back.

At that time, he had no way of knowing what had brought me to the hospital, and I had no idea he was going to be doing anything more than wheeling me into an examine my room. Fwiw, it was my first ever visit to the ER.

At this juntcure, I see a lot of options:

I could micro-examine & comment on some of your word choices & stresses; launch into some phantasmagorical trolling tale about how happy we've been ever since ("the triplets were born on Labor Day, lol") ; or go looking for a plausibly-related Taylor Swift song & video.

I think I'll just offer thanks for your unexpected & (in my own mind) entertaining reaction.

Reaction Score
Once an ass always an ass
I met him once gave him a backhanded compliment about UCONN. Told him still remember him hitting the shot during our Dream Season. He didn't appreciate it much. Dead Silence.

Reaction Score
We must have been seated close to each other. I was high up on the same side as the almost steal and the inbounds pass. Of course this experience made beating them in 1999 & 2004 (was also there!) all the better.
Duck Fuke ever since.

Reaction Score
Actually, that initial comment was entirely with the mock implication that at UL fan would refuse to render any professional service toward a UCONN fan, and the pause was just a bit of comic timing before saying, "I'm just messin' with ya," when I seemed a bit taken back.

At that time, he had no way of knowing what had brought me to the hospital, and I had no idea he was going to be doing anything more than wheeling me into an examine my room. Fwiw, it was my first ever visit to the ER.

At this juntcure, I see a lot of options:

I could micro-examine & comment on some of your word choices & stresses; launch into some phantasmagorical trolling tale about how happy we've been ever since ("the triplets were born on Labor Day, lol") ; or go looking for a plausibly-related Taylor Swift song & video.

I think I'll just offer thanks for your unexpected & (in my own mind) entertaining reaction.
That is indeed the proper reaction in light of our mutual tendency for verbosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom