Dan Hughes Really, Really Likes Moriah | The Boneyard

Dan Hughes Really, Really Likes Moriah

Reaction Score
This article should be required reading for all high-school girls with WNBA aspirations.:);)
Some quotes from Dan Hughes:

"She gave me reasons to rethink (his retirement) that because she was that much fun," said Hughes, who worked as a color commentator on the Syracuse-UConn broadcast for ESPN2 Monday night. "I was just amazed by her. Not only the player, the talent, but the way she adapted so quickly. The conversations I would have with her reminded me of a much older player."

"Every player I ever coached from Connecticut knew how to practice," Hughes said. "Moriah, no different. They always knew how to practice and they knew how to be a teammate. Without question, all those young ladies were excellent at both of those things.

"She gives you energy," Hughes said. "And not every player gives the coach energy. … She was just so impressive as a person. The mentality and the communication ability, knowing how to take my thoughts to the team or how to come back at me in the right kind of way, I just had never seen in a young player like that."

Moriah Jefferson's Emergence Gave Stars' Coach Hughes Second Thoughts On Retirement

Reaction Score
I always found it curious that Dan Hughes never had more UConn players since his teams played a very compatible offensive style with UConn. I always enjoyed watching his WNBA teams play for that reason.

Reaction Score
There are those who can lift the energy level of a group and those who can lower it. The former make the best teammates; the latter can ruin group activities.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I would rather listen to Eric Frede and Dan Hughes than Dave O'Brien and Doris Blah Blah.

But anyone other than the Quinnipiac-Miami announcers. Putting the pronunciation issue aside, they were making a big deal about the significance of the deliberate foul call when Q was up 7 with 10 seconds left. The game was over! Without bothering to explain the logic behind the call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom