Damn you Jim Boeheim... | The Boneyard

Damn you Jim Boeheim...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was watching the SNY Calhoun retirement show. Len Robbins from the N.Y. Post was a cohost. He & his fellow cohost interviewed Mikey T. via phone (who lavished praise on Coach Jim's career), then followed that up with a phone interview Boeheim. Half way through the interview he changed the subject entirely & started expounding on the virtues of the Fruit's move to the ACC saying that it's no longer just tobacco road with the addition of so many former Big East (7) teams. yada yada yada. A pox on him for using that platform on this particular day.

Reaction Score
He was very complimentary on Cowherd this morning.

Coach Boeheim on Coach Calhoun: "The best building job in college basketball history

Reaction Score
I've never understood why Boeheim was so disliked by so many BYers.

Fact is, the guy has maintained a quality program for years. While his track record in the NCAAs is not great, the fact is, the guy's team was annually one of UConn's best games. I, for one, ALWAYS looked forward to the Syracuse games, even when I knew we'd be stomped.

UConn/Syracuse was (sadly was) a GREAT rivalry, and Boeheim was the guy who made 1/2 of that possible.

Always liked the guy. Always liked the Orange, way back to 86ish when I thought they got screwed by the calls in the finals.

Boeheim/Calhoun and Syracuse/Uconn will be missed. Period.

Sad, but life goes on. La la la la Life Goes On.

Reaction Score
Was watching the SNY Calhoun retirement show. Len Robbins from the N.Y. Post was a cohost. He & his fellow cohost interviewed Mikey T. via phone (who lavished praise on Coach Jim's career), then followed that up with a phone interview Boeheim. Half way through the interview he changed the subject entirely & started expounding on the virtues of the Fruit's move to the ACC saying that it's no longer just tobacco road with the addition of so many former Big East (7) teams. yada yada yada. A pox on him for using that platform on this particular day.
heard him do that twice today.

Reaction Score
he did the same thing on the noon sportscenter. It's not his fault. He's just trying to justify the move still. He isn't pleased with it as he said before, but he's convincing himself and the boosters/fans of cuse that he mentioned on sportscenter who are still uneasy about the move.

Reaction Score
I think he bails after this season or maybe after 2013-14 just to get a little taste of the ACC.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Syracuse was my 2nd favorite BE team until the McNamara/Devendorf epoch

Reaction Score
Boeheim is a class guy, and is a very close friend to JC. Anything you heard that could be perceived as negative was probably just rambling or out of context. Great guy, great coach. If he had abandoned the zone early in his career he'd probably have another championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom