Dame off to the Bucks/Andre gets a new toy | The Boneyard

Dame off to the Bucks/Andre gets a new toy

Reaction Score
This is actually great for Andre. Dame doesn't play defense.

Reaction Score
Don't know how it will play out for the players involved, but I now hate Phoenix just by virtue of Grayson Allen being on their roster. But on the flip side, I can root for the Bucks now.

Reaction Score
i actually like this trade for Portland. But the Bucks are gonna be super fun to watch. Dre will have a role to play as a distributor and defender, assuming he can get on the floor. should be a fun year for them.

Reaction Score
I'm just hoping AJ is assigned to guarding Dame in practice everyday. I can't imagine no better player to improve your defensive skills, playing time or not. When his number is called AJ will be able to guard whoever they put him on.

Reaction Score
Dame will probably really like Andre as a competitor, and shipping out Grayson means there’s one less G/wing off the bench that Andre will compete for minutes against

Most of Andre’s minutes will be with the bench unit, and I don’t really want him on the floor with Dame at the same time. Dame is (rightfully) super ball dominant, and definitely will be the primary ball handler in any lineup he’s in. Halfcourt and fast break both

Would prefer Andre with the second unit where he can take the ball and push the pace

Reaction Score
I'm just hoping AJ is assigned to guarding Dame in practice everyday. I can't imagine no better player to improve your defensive skills, playing time or not. When his number is called AJ will be able to guard whoever they put him on.
Ajaxs only real knock is being able to shoot but he is an nba level talent in just about everything else and then some. He will see the floor and will only get better as his career goes on. Too hard working and too much talent not to succeed.

Reaction Score
Ajaxs only real knock is being able to shoot but he is an nba level talent in just about everything else and then some. He will see the floor and will only get better as his career goes on. Too hard working and too much talent not to succeed.
Don’t disagree with the assessment, but think his professional tract is more slow burn & finding a role & expanding on it versus a situation where he sets the world on fire.

The trade is great for him. But I’m personally still expecting him to land a more situational 10-12 mpg than a huge rookie contributor. Even after the deal. This more assures he will be rotational in my eyes

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Dame will probably really like Andre as a competitor, and shipping out Grayson means there’s one less G/wing off the bench that Andre will compete for minutes against

Most of Andre’s minutes will be with the bench unit, and I don’t really want him on the floor with Dame at the same time. Dame is (rightfully) super ball dominant, and definitely will be the primary ball handler in any lineup he’s in. Halfcourt and fast break both

Would prefer Andre with the second unit where he can take the ball and push the pace
Dame doesn't fast break, so no problem there.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Scoring in general is really the problem. But his projected role would be as a ball mover and wing defender, if his coaches use him right.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah the Bucks will need a go to defender that Andre could help with.

I can’t wait to see how Dame and Giannas play together. Great match.

Good on the Suns getting rid of DA for much needed depth. Nurkic will be a much better fit with the team.

Reaction Score
Underrated storyline is Phoenix getting rid of Ayton. Pick looks worse every year.

I admittedly do not follow the NBA much anymore but has Ayton been a big problem? Statistically he is a career 16-10 guy...

Reaction Score
Just remembered that Andre is on the Bucks, this trade is GREAT for him IMO. Everyone's initial reaction is Bucks scoring got better but their defense and depth got worse. Enter one Andre Jackson Jr into a more prominent role providing both depth and multiple position defense with his shooting being less important with Dame and Middleton and Conaughton on the floor.

Total win for Andre, I like his chances to supplant the Kansas kid as reigning back to back NCAA & NBA champion.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I admittedly do not follow the NBA much anymore but has Ayton been a big problem? Statistically he is a career 16-10 guy...
He's basically fine but he was the No. 1 pick in a draft that had Luka Doncic in it.

Reaction Score
Ayton has been a very weak center for Phoenix since he arrived. The Suns have been looking to trade him for 2 years. He was not a steady performer at clutch time.

Reaction Score
Was a #1 pick but is very low effort, there are attitude/work ethic concerns, and the relationship is tough because of trade rumors last summer. Certainly has a very high amount of potential, but on a team with Brad Beal/Devin Booker/Kevin Durant there is no need to roll the dice on him if you can get some role players instead

Reaction Score
He’s been ok, just didn’t really show up when it mattered. I would have easily taken him for Myles Turner though

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
There’s a great Athletic article about how Lillard changes the “gravity” and spacing of the Bucks offense. Defenses will have to make a choice of building a wall to crowd the paint to stop Giannis (which also would be an issue for Dre), or defend Lillard’s ridiculous three point range.

Here’s a quote on Dre.

“While not much of a shooter, Andre Jackson Jr. is a great athlete and a terrific passer. As a rookie, he might even be able to use that space to make plays for the Bucks.”

Sounds like a huge positive for Dre in year 1

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
“While not much of a shooter, Andre Jackson Jr. is a great athlete and a terrific passer. As a rookie, he might even be able to use that space to make plays for the Bucks.”
Sounds like Andre was part of their master plan.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Was a #1 pick but is very low effort, there are attitude/work ethic concerns, and the relationship is tough because of trade rumors last summer. Certainly has a very high amount of potential, but on a team with Brad Beal/Devin Booker/Kevin Durant there is no need to roll the dice on him if you can get some role players instead
He was 4th option for the Suns, pretty much relegated to rebounding, put backs and holding down the paint on d. He had averaged 18/10 with few plays called for him. Suns get 80% of that ( less scoring but better screening) for $13m less and some desperately needed depth.

In Portland he will be second or third option and his number will be called regularly on the Scoot pick and roll. He should grab at least 4 additional ppg, and playing next to a poor rebounder like Grant may help his rebounding stats. Whether he helps them win right off is a moot point - they want one more year of lottery for the rebuild anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom