Palmetto, FL - Court 1 - 6:00 PM ET
TV: WCIU, Fox Sports Southwest Plus

League Pass:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Just turned it on. 43-42 Sky at the half. Dallas has 3 scoreless starters and the 2 who have scored (Arike and Sabally) are a combined 2-13 from the floor. Their bench is stepping up HUGE to keep them in this game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not a good game for Moriah. Chicago jumped to an 11-0 lead and Moriah was replaced by Harris after 3 minutes and has not returned. Dallas fought back into the game 43-42 Chicago at half. Harris playing well (if not spectacular) at the point

Lou , Gabby having decent games (both with made 3's) and Azure having a large impact.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Entertaining back and forth game. Lead has seesawed several times. Sky by 1 thru Q3.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Antonelli worshiping at the chapel of Arike again. Super talented but just throw the dice if she wins the game or just misses forced shots all over the court???

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Come on man, 26 points on 50% shooting from the floor. What do you want from her? She's been terrific this game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Both teams with some poor execution down the stretch.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Chicago almost blew a 6 point lead w/ about a minute left, but held on. Dallas turned it over inside 10 seconds left with a chance to win the game. 82-79 final. Sloot w/ 14 points 10 assists (should've been more, at least 3 blown layups off her passes) and 5 rebounds.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
3 Dallas starters DID NOT SCORE this game. That is atrocious. Time for some new starters I think. I've watched most of the last 2 games, Ndour is not impressing me at all. Jefferson was fine in the previous game but she was absolutely invisible in her limited court time today.

Azura was solid, 15 points and 10 rebounds. Missed a few bunnies, could've had more.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tough loss for Dallas. It was basically the Arike show vs. a much more complete team and the complete team won. Arike did well but got little support from teammates.

The Stevens for Samuelson trade is looking pretty bad right now for Dallas. Ndour isn't getting it done for Dallas inside while Stevens is flourishing in Chicago. KLS has been better than she was a year ago but Wings are already loaded on the wing and Stevens looks like the clear cut better player right now who would've filled the 5 spot perfectly.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Sloot had managed to get a shot off and in a little prior to that driving on Alarie. Wasn't falling for it the next time. I had no idea she was such a solid defender. 9 rebounds and 4 blocked shots today. If her offense catches up, she could be a future all star.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Deshields is a very pale shadow of her former self right now. It's kinda painful to see it. I guess good news for Chicago that they're still winning games with her fairly ineffective.

Reaction Score
Come on man, 26 points on 50% shooting from the floor. What do you want from her? She's been terrific this game.

Arike can have game like that all the time and Dallas would not win consistently because she is taking 33% of the shots and not get the rest of the team involved. I don't understand why the coach continues to allow that to continue. I thought basketball is more of a team sport.

Reaction Score
Deshields is a very pale shadow of her former self right now. It's kinda painful to see it. I guess good news for Chicago that they're still winning games with her fairly ineffective.

she is battling injuries.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Arike can have game like that all the time and Dallas would not win consistently because she is taking 33% of the shots and not get the rest of the team involved. I don't understand why the coach continues to allow that to continue. I thought basketball is more of a team sport.

Today's loss was 100% on everyone BUT Arike. Arike shot 50% from the floor, scored 26 points and had 5 assists. The rest of the team shot 35% and had 7 combined assists. The 4 other starters shot a combined 2-15 and three of them were scoreless. They need other players to step up, plain and simple.

Ultimately the frontcourt is where the game was lost. Ndour missed bunnies and Satou didn't have a great game. Alarie was good defensively but not effective offensively. As a team they were outrebounded by 9. Stevens, the player they traded away, put up 15/10/2 blocks, which was the front court contribution they were sorely missing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Today's loss was 100% on everyone BUT Arike.

I think she's never gonna get any credit from some regardless of what she does. Like I said, she was terrific today.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think she's never gonna get any credit from some regardless of what she does. Like I said, she was terrific today.
Maybe she was but it has to be affecting her teammates with her taking so many shots. Basketball is not all physical and one player dominating the offense can have a negative effect on the other players. In scoring over 20 points, how many times did she not pass to a teammate who had a better shot? It can get old after awhile.

Reaction Score
Today's loss was 100% on everyone BUT Arike. Arike shot 50% from the floor, scored 26 points and had 5 assists. The rest of the team shot 35% and had 7 combined assists. The 4 other starters shot a combined 2-15 and three of them were scoreless. They need other players to step up, plain and simple.

Ultimately the frontcourt is where the game was lost. Ndour missed bunnies and Satou didn't have a great game. Alarie was good defensively but not effective offensively. As a team they were outrebounded by 9. Stevens, the player they traded away, put up 15/10/2 blocks, which was the front court contribution they were sorely missing.
Harrison and Jefferson didn't show up either. So far, Dallas vets have been no shows for the most of the season. Satou has her moments but she turned the ball over on the final play of the game.

Reaction Score

I was not focusing on today's game when I made that statement. On a team when one player routinely takes a third of the shots, it takes other people out of the flow of the game. I just don't think you can play 1 on 5 no matter how good you are and I think Arike is a very good basketball player. Again not today's game but sometimes the final stat is very misleading like in the last game when Arike finished 10/22 but at one point she was something like 3-13. It could have changed the game if she got other people involved more and not forcing up all the shots herself. I really believe she would be even more effective as a player if she could dial back her shot selection and makes it more of a team game.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

I can see blaming the 3 starters, who contributed 0 points. 2 rebounds and 1 assist(Harrison Nodour, and Mo). However, The bench out scored the starters 43-36. The bench shot 15 for 33, a very respectable number. The bench out rebounded the starters 24 to 7. The bench had 7 steals to 2 for the starters. The bench had only 3 turnovers to the starters 7. Some dont like this stat, but the bench was plus +39 vs the starters minus -54.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Arike was pretty good--and efficient--today. In a couple of the losses, she pretty much shot her team out of the game. I like to watch her shoot in rhythm, but I cringe when she forces shots. Hopefully, her shot selection will improve.

Mo missed the entire 2nd half yet again. Ty looks pretty good, but no better than Moriah, in my opinion. Mo didn't look happy in team huddles late in the game. Dallas's late-game execution has been poor this year. It can't be all Arike at this level if they want to win consistently.

Gabby looks much improved, as does Azura. Z is taking advantage of Stef being out. Lou is looking much better too, though her PG needs to find her better.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I was not focusing on today's game when I made that statement. On a team when one player routinely takes a third of the shots, it takes other people out of the flow of the game. I just don't think you can play 1 on 5 no matter how good you are and I think Arike is a very good basketball player. Again not today's game but sometimes the final stat is very misleading like in the last game when Arike finished 10/22 but at one point she was something like 3-13. It could have changed the game if she got other people involved more and not forcing up all the shots herself. I really believe she would be even more effective as a player if she could dial back her shot selection and makes it more of a team game.

Today was the only game this season where she's taken a third of the shots.

Last game Vegas got out to a 9-0 lead and essentially held that margin almost the entire game. During that beginning stretch, Arike shot 0-1. Jefferson and Sabally both went 0-1, Ndour 0-2. Arike was subbed out and came back with the score 15-6. She shot poorly the rest of the half but the team still managed to get back within 5 at halftime. Her poor shooting in the first half isn't what sank them. She had a very good second half where she took the same number of shots but Vegas created separation and ultimately won rather handily.

The reason for the loss was again, front court play. Ndour/Sabally/Alarie/Harrison combined to shoot 8-27 from the floor and 1-12 from deep. As a team Dallas was outrebounded by 10.

Dallas has the worst rebounding margin in the league and their frontcourt players are shooting horrendously:
Sabally-36.7%
Ndour-34.5%
Alarie-33.3%
Harrison-47% (had a good opening game vs. NYL, has barely played since, shooting 1-7 since then)

Their inability to produce is the reason why Dallas isn't better. So yes, it'd be great if they'd be more involved and if Jefferson were back to 100% and playing a larger role, but watching them play their most effective offense largely is running Arike off iso picks and letting her create in the midrange. If Sabally/Jefferson become more consistent then things change and I think Dallas is going to be significantly more dangerous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom