Dallas Wings @ Los Angeles Sparks - 7/12/18 | The Boneyard

Dallas Wings @ Los Angeles Sparks - 7/12/18

Reaction Score
Cambage double technical for taunting officials. She's done for the game.

cambadedoubtech.jpg

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1017513250014089218/pu/vid/720x360/yFHcqP4IukMYs4_J.mp4

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Cambage double technical for taunting officials. She's done for the game.

View attachment 32887

One of the dumbest plays I have ever seen. She was barely touched and then she goes bonkers. Could cost the Wings the game and who knows, the playoffs. Azure filling in very well with 16 pts midway through the 3Q. She is driving well to the basket and good touch on the mid range shots. No 3 pt shots falling.

Reaction Score
In 2 years it will be very obvious Azura Stevens is the 2nd best player from the 2018 draft. Going to be hard to look back for Indiana, Chicago (twice) and Seattle knowing they could have had her. Hindsight sure makes things easy.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dallas up by 4 after 3Q. They miss Cambage, but L.A. misses Beard.

Azura is working well with Skylar.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One of the dumbest plays I have ever seen. She was barely touched and then she goes bonkers. Could cost the Wings the game and who knows, the playoffs. Azure filling in very well with 16 pts midway through the 3Q. She is driving well to the basket and good touch on the mid range shots. No 3 pt shots falling.

I stand corrected. Maybe Cambage should be tossed more often.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
92-77 final. The Wings have won 5 in a row. L.A. has lost 3 home games in a row. They now have 9 losses, 7th most in the league. They were sloppy and lacked a sense of urgency in the second half.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Dallas is up by 12 with 4:14 to go. Can Candace Parker run full speed?
Apparently not! :p Still great game by Dallas. Love seeing Parker and the Sparks go down. The Liberty and Fever are easily the worst teams in the league, and the Sky are not much better but...

The top 9 teams in the league are super competitive. It seems any team can beat anyone else on any given night. The Sun have sunk to the bottom of the playoff race. As of now, it looks like the Sun, Dream, and Aces will be battling for the last 2 play off spots with 1 of them being on the outside looking in. Should be a great 2nd half of the season!!

Side note, the LAST place team in the current playoff picture (the Sun) are only 4.5 games behind 1st place Seattle. That's saying something!

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Stevens looked really really good today. In the 2 man and a more "feel the game" style of play in the pros, she's doing much better than she did in a more structured offense at UCONN. She definitely doesn't like banging inside, but she looked good taking midrange shots and putting the ball on the floor a couple of times. The announces mentioned Kevin Durant and it could wind up being a good analogy. If her, Diggins, and Cambage stick together they could be one of the best team in 2-3 years. Dallas and Vegas are the best "up and coming" teams IMO.

Diggins was fantastic today. Her shot was on and she badly outplayed Gray and Sims. Might be the best PG in women's basketball right now. Cambage was flat out dumb for getting the double T....she deserved both of them with the hand gestures and what appeared to be some swearing too. She's a handful inside though and looked very good before getting tossed.

This has been one of the most entertaining seasons thus far...teams are up and down, games are high scoring, buzzer beaters, great rookies plus a great crop of veterans, games almost every night....can't wait for the rest of it.

Reaction Score
Broadcast team for Storm best in the league. Play by play guy is a homer in a good way but still gives credit to opposing players. Really gets into the game.

Back to the post, Wings played a great 4th quarter. George is a nice pick up for them. Every player on the roster helps except Romero and she doesn’t get the opportunity.

Best regular season BY FAR since I started paying attn in 2014. Go Aces.

Kayla McBride still most underrated player in the league. She would be my second team pick for All WNBA off guard this year barely behind Diana. Kayla has a higher fg and 3pt % and fewer turnovers. Diana 19.6 ppg Kayla 18.9 ppg. Both are clutch and Kayla has to work harder and create more of her points. Right now, she scores in more different ways than Taurasi. Of course she’s younger. I like that midrange full speed pull up floater she has. I thought it was just luck but she drops them all the time.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom