Dallas Morning News: Debate in Big 12 for Mizzou replacement L'ville and wvU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dallas Morning News: Debate in Big 12 for Mizzou replacement L'ville and wvU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can anyone give me the geographical location of a seismic event in the next 24 hours, the scale of the activity and the direction of the wave?

I always get a kick out of shows like Deal or No Deal, when the audience tries to egg on the contestant to keep going for higher and higher amounts of $$. Its easy to want someone to take an action when the stakes are emotional like it is for the audience and not concrete as it is for the contestant.

We can sit here and argue our opinions and act superior to the people who have the responsibility in making the decisions because our investment in the outcome is peripheral to the outcome. We won't be held accountable for an incorrect choice.

In an event in which WV and Ville are invited to the B12, and accept the invitation, there are two possible outcomes for UConn. Either UConn ends up in a BCS conference or it doesn't. And there is no certainty one way or the other about either possibility. I'm sure most people are arguing why they believe the potential for one side of the argument is more favorable vs. the other, but sometimes it becomes unclear to me whether people really believe they know events with certainty or are just sloppy in the way they write and forget to state they recognize their argument are only opinions and not certainties.
you have just defined, "message board."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon